Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just moved into a home that seems to have an issue with water coming under the door after/during very hard rain storms. What are the best products/solutions are out there to help seal that door to floor seam??

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Don't put anything on floor as it won't drain out. Big foam seal on bottom of door should be adequate if door is adjusted correctly and floor is relatively level.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't put anything on floor as it won't drain out. Big foam seal on bottom of door should be adequate if door is adjusted correctly and floor is relatively level.
It has a thin rubber seal on door, do they make a thicker one? Is that what your saying works?

·
Registered
667 Posts
There is some stuff we sell that is called Polar Seal. It better then the black shit they put on the doors from factory and is good down to 30 below. Option 2 is a garden hose inside the seal you have already.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is some stuff we sell that is called Polar Seal. It better then the black shit they put on the doors from factory and is good down to 30 below. Option 2 is a garden hose inside the seal you have already.
Can I have the link to what you sell???

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Get some of that black pipe insulating foam. You know, the stuff they put on copper pipe and what have you. Anyhow, slice it lenghtwise with a razor blade and shove it inside the rubber seal on the bottom of the garage door. Should compress enough and create a better seal.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are so many different kinds online as I google search...............looking for advice on what people have that works best. I don't want to halfass it.....want it done right, to last.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Get some of that black pipe insulating foam. You know, the stuff they put on copper pipe and what have you. Anyhow, slice it lenghtwise with a razor blade and shove it inside the rubber seal on the bottom of the garage door. Should compress enough and create a better seal.
Its already split. Cheap too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts