Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Just closed on a place on Old Hickory Lake in Hendersonville. The house has a small attached two car. I’d like to build a three car, max size I’m allowed is 1589 SF. I’m leaning toward brick with (3) 10’ doors and 12’ high walls.

At what length and widths do things start to get expensive vs a shorter span?

What is a ballpark estimate per SF? What should I expect to pay for a driveway, roughly 135’x12’?

I live in Florida. I was quoted between $8.00 to $10.00 / SQ Ft for replacing my driveway. 100 X 20.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is the official bird of the city of Hendersonville.

I’m sure it will be a PITA, but not nearly as painful as the long 40-45 mph stretches of small towns I go through driving from Tupelo to Nashville every week.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I live in Florida. I was quoted between $8.00 to $10.00 / SQ Ft for replacing my driveway. 100 X 20.
$8 would be rough, but better than $10. I could see my stretch being give or take 2,000 sf for the new driveway.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Would it be faster to drive the Natchez trace from Tupelo to Nashville? Speed limits are lower but hardly any traffic or red lights.
I tried it once, not sure if it’s faster. The drive through Spring hill is nice, though. I think going up the 45 to the 64 is quickest, with the last 100 miles being on the 40

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Can you build a 2 part addition? The front half is the garage and the back half is your home gym area ( that becomes more garage area after the inspections are done)?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Can you build a 2 part addition? The front half is the garage and the back half is your home gym area ( that becomes more garage area after the inspections are done)?
I think the only workaround would be to attach it to the house. I think the issue is the total max size of separate standalone structures.
Might be able to circumvent it by attaching a covered walkway or something to join the garage to the house

21 - 30 of 30 Posts