Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a little carried away filing on a couple of my gapless top Total Seal rings. I was shooting for 0.039" gap and ended up at around 0.049". OK, a lot carried away! Are they junk? The bore is 4.375".

·
Registered
230 Posts
You will be fine. It does not matter if it has too much gap. The only concern is if you have too little. Tons of testing has proven this. Many magazine articles as well. Call us tomorrow if you are really worried. Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You will be fine. It does not matter if it has too much gap. The only concern is if you have too little. Tons of testing has proven this. Many magazine articles as well. Call us tomorrow if you are really worried. Thanks
Matt
Nice to see guys on here that actually care about the product they sell and provide useful information. Thanks Matt.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt
I just read this post after getting an email response from Matt. I was going to give an update and a plug for Matt's (Total Seal's) tech service. I had an answer within 2 minutes of sending him an email with this question!
I'll also sleep better knowing I didn't destroy a new set of rings...:D
Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts