Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question but is it ok to run gaplesss rings with nitrous?? small shot only 125.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Me

I've run a 300 shot on a set of ZGS rings before.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i know you say its okay, but does it matter how much the ring ends are gapped, etc? for those who have done this, what were your end gaps set at or did you not gap the ends at all?

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
i know you say its okay, but does it matter how much the ring ends are gapped, etc? for those who have done this, what were your end gaps set at or did you not gap the ends at all?
Gap always matters due to expansion. This goes for N/A, boosted, or N2O as well as the fuel type used.

"Gapless" ring sets still have gaps just as any conventional ring. The design of the overlaying "covers" or "fillers'" is what makes them "gapless".

I've used TotalSeal rings in N/A, N2O, and blown apps with great success. As per ring gap specs, gapless ring sets are no different than any other ring set and come with gap recommendations as per application (paper work). I have on the other hand had some problems with gapless rings with gas ported pistons.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Billy man-was the gas ported pistions the cause-

if so what kind of issues did u have if u dont mind me asking

Thanks

Nick--
I don't think it was in the gas porting at all. I feel it was in the actual ring stack. Using the same size blower, same rings with same gaps, a different ring stack rendered better results.

The problem I seemed to have had was boost being blown between the actual ring and the "filler" ring. All those rings have to work together as seal properly (upstroke and downstroke).

I'm not that smart so I explained my prob to ROSS and they hooked me up. The only revealing difference was the ring stack. And that made a huge difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts