Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
There is no sense in doing a max notch without doing a mini tub. Your wheel/tire will hit the stock wheel tub before it hits the frame if you don't.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
There is no sense in doing a max notch without doing a mini tub. Your wheel/tire will hit the stock wheel tub before it hits the frame if you don't.

X2 Half the frame notched is all you'd need if you leave the stock tubs. 10" wheels at the widest is best IMHO.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
will a 295 on a 10" wheel fit with a half notch and stock tubs??

sorry to hi jack

It'll fit if you raise the rear end up a couple of inches(or more). If you aren't into that look, then 275 is probably the biggest you can go before cutting out the tubs. I like my stuff lowered, so I mini-tubbed it. Now the ears on the rear end touches the trunk floor before a 315/60-15 touches anything else.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
will a 295 on a 10" wheel fit with a half notch and stock tubs??

sorry to hi jack
I have 295s on a 10" with a 3/4 notch. Still have to roll the lips, but they do fit.

·
Registered
802 Posts
nice id be happy to get the 275's on a 10" wheel with a 5" bs... i got the lips cut back but i cant go much lower unless i move the wheels in a little

·
Registered
73 Posts
you can only run a 12 rim if you skin the frame rail, and take out the stock tub!
Yes, that's what I did. Also when they were skinned and not welded back up, I took a big ratchet strap and moved them in more, then just ran a bar across the frame rails to keep them there

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im running a Hoosier drag radial P295/65R15 on an 8" rim with no frame rail mods on my 85 Monte SS. the tire is a 29.5" dia with a 10" thread width and a 11.2 " section width and I must say it is pretty close.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Yes, that's what I did. Also when they were skinned and not welded back up, I took a big ratchet strap and moved them in more, then just ran a bar across the frame rails to keep them there

What kind of back space,and is the rearend stock length?

·
Registered
329 Posts

thats all you have to do! looks good

1 - 20 of 38 Posts