Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 572 to a friend for his 86 Monte. He was planning on keeping all the stock steering parts and solid motor mounts. Anyway he says the oil pan is hitting on the center link. What oil pan are you bbc guys using with stock steering? I have a rack in mine and cut the crossmember to lower the engine.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
If you are referring to the 572 crate motor, they come with the truck pan. You need to toss it and get a car pan for a one piece seal motor. Moroso makes a very nice aluminum kick out pan with the proper rear seal set up for a few hundred dollars. Similar to the 20385 but for the later rear seal design. Regardless, that motor in the Monte will require a car pan.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. It wasn't a create motor. It was pieced together witha world block and eagle rotating assembly. I traded a friend for it who has since died so I can't get any info on the parts now. I may have had a truck pan on it though because it was going to go in a truck originally. I'll have to get him to take some measurents so we can see what pan it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts