Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be redoing the rear housing on a buddies Gbody 9", and adding adjustable control arm mounts for the upper and lowers. We're also going to build some rod end style lower control arms. I notice on his aftermarket upper arms, the U shape connection point hits the housing when he tries to run lower ride heights. What uppers do you G body guys run, or how do you eliminate this on your lowered G bodies? As well, I'm looking to see if anyone has the math data for the mounting points on the chassis side, so I can plot this rear suspension out and calculate the antisquat values. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
15,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent resource! Exactly the numbers I was looking for! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
have you ever looked around at Baselinesuspensions.com Cuzz their site has some helpful tools.baselinesuspensions.com
The Baseline suspension calculator is based off of a Fox body Mustang suspension. Sure the g-body setup looks similar but the measurements are totally different. Even 1/8" or 1/4" difference in height on a bolt location will make a HUGE difference in the IC.

Best thing anyone can do is get out a tape measure, plumb bob, chalk line and a level and measure your own car.

Once you have all the data, plug it all in to this...

·
Registered
15,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Todd. What do you like for a starting point for antisquat in a 79 malibu?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts