Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would something like the kits offered by Baseline Suspension be considered "stock suspension"?:

http://www.baselinesuspensions.com/kits/chevy.htm

Would these be x275 legal?

Is the TRZ 9" with multiple mounting points x275 legal?

I am going though the painful process of upgrading the rear in my g-body, and am torn between biting the bullet on the TRZ 9", arms, etc. Or, I could save a little on the rear by going with a strange s60. The problem with the s60 is, I don't know if my instant center is going to be shitty because the rear mounting point of the upper arms will be so high. That is the reason I am looking at kits like the baseline suspension kit.

The TRZ kit is sick, but @ 1250 for just the housing, it may be too much money for what I need.

The car will be certed to 8.50, so I would like a rear that could hold up going that fast as well. Transbrake turbo car with a glide, not the hardest launches on the planet but pretty stout.

I'm going in circles over this shit!! I am awful at making decisions on expensive parts, takes me weeks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am not racing in any series, but i bought the TRZ 9" with the adjustable mounts and their uppers/lowers.

This is turely a quality piece of craftmanship. You can see that the boys over there went through alot of work to properly build this thing and boy does it show.

Sell the wife's sewing machine, or kidnap your neighbour's dog. Whatever you do, i would spend the cash and go with the 9"...if it is legal for you.

Adrian

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Yes the TRZ parts are legal for X275. Great quality and they race what they sell!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Thanks guys. Our housing is pricey unfortunately until we figure out a better way to do it (tons of labor to get the upper mounts in the right location). It is legal for everything we've come across thus far. With that said, we do have a customer running a Dana S60 in his BBC Procharged Cutlass (Jason @ VP Racing). His IC is pretty far back most likely, but his car still is getting it done. He's been low 4.8's in the 1/8th with it so far and looking for more. We just cut off his stock lower control arm mounts and fitted our multi-holed lower mounts to it in hopes of bettering the geometry a little bit since his car is so low. Haven't raced it yet since doing this though, so we'll see.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much does the D60 raise the rear mounting point of the upper arms (8.5" GN rear being stock in this case)?

TRZ: How much higher than an 8.5" GN rear does your 9" raise the rear mounting point of the upper arms? I have a few of your parts on my car currently (rear control arms and steering column kit) and am seriously considering this rear. Just trying to get an idea on where I will be from stock at my current ride height.

Thanks for the posts guys.
Joe

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
How much does the D60 raise the rear mounting point of the upper arms (8.5" GN rear being stock in this case)?

TRZ: How much higher than an 8.5" GN rear does your 9" raise the rear mounting point of the upper arms? I have a few of your parts on my car currently (rear control arms and steering column kit) and am seriously considering this rear. Just trying to get an idea on where I will be from stock at my current ride height.

Thanks for the posts guys.
Joe
I'm upgrading my 9" to the TRZ rear because I need 40 spline axles and want to save some weight. I will be selling my 9" that is in the car now if your interested. Stock length, 3.70 gears, 35 spline axles and spool, nodulat center section. PM me for details if it's something you may want.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dusty, PM sent!

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Our bottom hole in the upper control arm mounts are as close as we can get to stock 8.5 geometry. They're still slightly higher than that, but any lower into the housing and the ears would be hitting the center section.

Our lower mounts have 6 holes in them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts