Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a 81 2dr Bu will a 30 x 13.50 ET street fit with a max notch and tubs ?? also when you notch the factory crossmember is the pan able to be removed

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Mike the 30 X 13.50 will fit some adjustment to the lower arms to center the wheel will really help along with cutting the wheel well front edge.

The front factory crossmember will really have to be cut back to allow for pan removal.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike the 30 X 13.50 will fit some adjustment to the lower arms to center the wheel will really help along with cutting the wheel well front edge.

The front factory crossmember will really have to be cut back to allow for pan removal.
thanx John

so if i offset the front heim in the frame mount towards the center of the car ? or move the front mounts on the frame ?

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
i think he ment the lower arm will need to be adjusted or made longer so the wheel sits centered in the wheel opening. We made mine longer so mine is centered for a 295 radial.
That's it! LOL

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
i think he ment the lower arm will need to be adjusted or made longer so the wheel sits centered in the wheel opening. We made mine longer so mine is centered for a 295 radial.
Did you try yours before, this was one of the things I was going to do to shift more of the weight I have forwards to keep the front down, just one of a few small changes hoping to stack it all up.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much of a wheelbase change is it when you center the wheel to the body ?

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
in the process of doing this to my g-body elky. original arms measure 19" ctc going to a fully adj. with heims making them 20" to start. also went with the 295.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts