Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this but i know this sec. gets alot of traffic. Im thinking about building a mid 80's regal for a 275 drag radial class. My ??? is what do most of these cars weigh. I will convert it to a manual rack, areospace or strange brakes all around, 9" with adj. uppers and lowers, 10 or 12 point molly cage, kirkey seats and such. The rest if the int has to be stock appearing such as dash and door panels, headliner ect. It will be a LSX base n20 motor "should be same# as sbc with alum heads". I need the car to be less than 3100#s with 200# driver. Just wondering if i can get one this light. Also what have you guys 60'ed in these cars? Do you think i can get one to work better and weigh less than my S-10 ??? Thanks for the info...

· Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
the g-body's work good.i had a 80 cutlass that i had 2 kirkey seats in front and the back seats were out for roll cage.manual steering and manual brakes 8.5 10 bolt with aluim.brake drums.it wieghed 3260 with me in it.(i weighed 250 then).i just swapped over to a mustang last year and it weighs 2905. with me and 2 bottles and 5 gallons of fuel and hooks good.real good!!!! so if weight is an issue and you can croos breed you can go with a mustang!!! :cool:
I hear to build a mustang all the time. If every car you see in a heads up class wasnt a mustang i would love t build another one. I had a lx fox and just dont want another one..Would my combo go faster and work better in a fox?? yeah, maybe ... but im going to find another way.:smt093

· Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well if i decide to do a g-body it will probly be for sale unless i can swing keeping it. I just dint know if its worth the change. My S-10 is 3000# without me and with no # in the rear so the weight is going to be close to the same . It would be nice to have the 4-link rear and i think that is all i will gain...May just have to make the leafs on the truck work..

· Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Talked to Travis at calvert today and priced all the rear stuff. Caltracks , monoleafs, sliders, and shocks. We will see if a lil truck can 60' with the mustangs on a 275. If not i guess ill do a g-body. thanks for all the imput guys.

· Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
do it up dude! it really comes down to personal preference. for me, the g-body combines the best of alot of different designs. it's relatively lightweight & has a very capable suspension design(not unlike the fox platform), a full frame(like the s-10), & all this wrapped up in at least a dozen different body styles, in coupes, sedans, wagons, even trucks. this is why i've had 3 of these, and will get more. but like i said, i've had s10s too, and i'd really like to do another one of those too.
That is why i was thinking about a g-body, there really close to the mustang as far as susp.and # . I really like my S-10 though i bought it new in 96. Bad thing is i just done the areospace brakes, cage, and alot of othe things. Be hard to get anything close to what ive spent in the last year on it. All i can do is try to make it work. Ive been adding # in the rear and it puts me at 3400 total, maybe i can find 200 more # to get rid of up front. All the same parts as a g-bodt up there..

· Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
do it up dude! it really comes down to personal preference. for me, the g-body combines the best of alot of different designs. it's relatively lightweight & has a very capable suspension design(not unlike the fox platform), a full frame(like the s-10), & all this wrapped up in at least a dozen different body styles, in coupes, sedans, wagons, even trucks. this is why i've had 3 of these, and will get more. but like i said, i've had s10s too, and i'd really like to do another one of those too.
That is why i was thinking about a g-body, there really close to the mustang as far as susp.and # . I really like my S-10 though i bought it new in 96. Bad thing is i just done the areospace brakes, cage, and alot of other things. Be hard to get anything close to what ive spent in the last year on it. All i can do is try to make it work. Ive been adding # in the rear and it puts me at 3400 total, maybe i can find 200 more # to get rid of up front. All the same parts as a g-body up there..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.