Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently unexpectedly got back in the game because I acquired my old Malibu back after selling it 3 years ago(really weird story behind this!). When I sold it, it had a fully built SBC bored .060, mechanical roller, 200cc Canfield heads, Th350, etc. I never got around to the fuel system. I currently have a Holley Red pump, deadheaded in it now. I don't believe this will be sufficient. I also want a system that I don't need to re-visit should I "up the ante" in the future. I have not dynoed the car yet, but I believe it will produce 490hp-530hp. I have been out of this for about 4 years and I am completely overwhelmed with the options that are on the market now. I need help with which direction I should go(efi in-tank, external, Holley in-tank fuel bladder thingy?)
Listed below are what I am looking for, and hopefully the very knowledgeable people on here can point me in the right direction.

Has to support up to 600HP
Noise is not a concern
Street/Strip car
For a Carburetor
Need to have a return system
I would like to utilize the factory gas tank, but if I have to sump, I will buy aftermarket. I'm not going to cut or weld the factory tank.

I like the sleekness of guys running the in-tank setup and knocking down the PSI with a regulator for carbureted applications, but I don't know if all of this would be necessary. Maybe just a good ole Mallory 140 in the spare wheel well will be sufficient? I dunno.
If you have a G Body, it would be a HUGE plus

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I like the duel motor holley dominator pump with a return line. The pump is quiet and I've had no problems for the years I've been running one. I cant empahasize the return line enough!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the duel motor holley dominator pump with a return line. The pump is quiet and I've had no problems for the years I've been running one. I cant empahasize the return line enough!
Awesome. Those pumps are reasonably priced also. Do you have any pics of your setup?
Where do you have it mounted? Is you tank sumped?

·
remembers
1,279 Posts
Your car will eventually evolve to the point that the problems associated with a non sumped factory tank will make you wish that you just went ahead and put a cell in it with a proper sump. That has problems associated with it too, like having to open the trunk to fuel it and a rear firewall, etc. Put the smallest cell in it you'll need for street use, and put a Magnafuel 275 on the bumper. That will get you to the 9s maybe 8s n/a.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts