Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone changed out their fans on a G body?

I bought an 88 Monte and it came with a flex fan. I HATE the whirring sound plus i saw a guy killed by one coming apart some decades back at Indy

I am thinking a Taurus fan, but is there a better alternative? Twin fans off a GM car that is an easy bolt in perhaps?

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
I am getting ready to swap my 88 monte carlo to a third generation f body radiator with a single spal fan. I just need a way to trigger it through both cycling with the thermostat and also by the ac compressor.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I'll sell you my fan setup off my Regal. With 31x19 aluminum Radiator, dual fans, overflow, B&M supercooler trans cooler, braided -6 tranny cooler lines and all the brackets and hardware necessary to eliminate your heavy core support. $400 plus shipping. Can also be mounted like a normal radiator setup if you don't want to eliminate your core support.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts

I bought an 88 Monte and it came with a flex fan. I HATE the whirring sound plus i saw a guy killed by one coming apart some decades back at Indy

I am thinking a Taurus fan, but is there a better alternative? Twin fans off a GM car that is an easy bolt in perhaps?
The new Fusion has a really nice set of duals that come on them .... the 2014 model, nice thin assembly with pretty easy looking mounting tabs, plus the shroud has flaps incorporated into it for street cruising. Not real heavy either, I like the way newer cars are improving in these area's.

I was lucky and aquired one of these units new that only had a scuff on it, so I think I'll be giving it a try myself this season ... ;)

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts

You should check a caravan if you're looking at twins...I believe it's the same size as the radiator you have...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts