Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me some ideas for brake line routing. Front line for cars with a cut out crossmember and rear end housing routing.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My cross member is removable so I had to do the same, but mine has tube from the A Arm mounts going in a 'U' across. Mounts the clip with some stand offs. The lines go on the inside part of the U going around. Used some Speedway Kevlar lines to connect, all -3 stuff. The rear uses the stock location line, same lines, connected to the backbrace. NHRA allows small holes in the chassis for attachment. Riviets, I used structural Cherry MAX's.

Have pics, but the hard drive crashed on the other computer....

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if anyone put it on the firewall like some of the mopar stuff I've seen. Im not sure in the rear yet since it's all round tube.

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
with mine i ran the line across a tube up front that the rack mounted too, since my crossmember is cut out. just ran them about 2ft farther forward then stock. the rear i have a moser fab style rear, and just bent them around the shape and out to dual rear calipers.

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
What are you using to attach the hard line to the housing?
i just used large hose clamps, its not pretty but it works.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Lowes or Home Depot has cusion clamps in the hardware section. They will hold the line tight and look good to boot. Or if you work on airplanes......

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
peeps get bacl to work.....get some pics of the blue pig....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts