Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I highly recommend fellow YB member {GAS_Racing} as a seller.
Shawn responded to my thread regarding wiring the line-lock and transbrake. I called him kind of late one night and he was very personable, professional, and knowledgeable. I ordered his diode patch kit which arrived very quickly. Instructions were very easy to follow, installation was a snap. And the diode patch works PERFECTLY !! When the transbrake is set my 4,000 lb Catalina doesn't rock, roll, shimmy or shake. Thus reducing an accidental red light by rolling our of the beams when deep staging.
Check him out at
G.A.S. Racing Shawn 864-958-1640

Thank you Shawn

Jim

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I second that recommendation. Shawn (GAS Racing) was a great person to talk to when I was in my decision making process. We decided to go with the MSD Grid for my application. I received it in a timely manner and the price was better than mail order. After installation I had a few minor issues and gave Shawn a call and we quickly worked through them. A+ to GAS Racing for sales and customer service. I will definitely buy from him again. Thanks again Shawn!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I have bought some stuff from him as well......highly recommend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I highly recommend G.A.S Racing as a seller. I switched my power system from an alternator charged single 12v battery to single 16v battery system. I was looking to come up with a 12 volt tether system to use between rounds so that we can maximize the time to charge the 16 volt AGM battery. I was looking for a simple and convenient way to run my power hungry accessories, review data logs and make changes as needed while the main 16v supply system was shut off during re-charging.
I after seeing Shawn’s video demonstration, http://youtu.be/SzZJdTc5Luw, on how he setup his auxiliary 12v tether supply I knew that was the solution I was looking for and contacted Shawn at G.A.S Racing.
The short of this is that Shawn very knowledgeable and helpful with all things related to motorsports and performance engineering. I ordered one of his assembled 12volt Tether kits and received it as promised. What I received was the new and improved version of his original kit.
My experience was that it was great transaction, item was as described, shipped quickly and it works as described. I definitely will be doing business with Shawn in the future. Good Job!…Thx Shawn

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got to give a big thanks and recommendation to Shawn. I contacted him about using one of his diode patches to put Line-Lock on the back of my daughter's dragster.
He thought that was unusual but didn't dismiss my inquiry about doing it. He asked if he could have some time to think about it since I wanted to have the transbrake & line lock on one button for staging and then have a second button that only activated the transbrake to use for backing the car up after the burn out. We discussed it a couple times over the phone and then shortly he was emailing me a diagram as to how it could be done. I purchased his diode patch and wired it according to his directions.
Finally this past weekend we got to try it out and it worked perfectly!! I video taped several of her staging & launches and the car was rock solid when she went on the transbrake. I pulled up some OLD videos prior to installing Shawns diode patch and you could see the occasional "rocking" when she hit the transbrake button, then played the new videos and you could see the difference.
From both my daughter & I thank you again Shawn for taking the time to help an old redneck accomplish an odd request for his daughter's car. :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Glad I could build that one. I will say it was the first time I ever had a customer put a linelock on a dragster but it was fun to come up with a different way to skin the cat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts