Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my '10 f150 5.4 55,520 miles on it, to work this a.m. and sel came on dash. Got home and read its a p1450 code...what does a guy look for or i guess is this a code that may be common with a "typical" fix?

This afternoon in traffic truck actually dies on me, got it fired up and i high idled it myself to keep it running and it chugged a bit leaving stoplight then kinda smoothed back out....got home, cleared code, opened gasfill door and pressed tabs so i could pop open the lil aluminum trap door to vent thinking it may relieve tank pressure...so car light hasnt come back on..but hoping somebody maybe has a direction to point me for oossible problem.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
It Means you should have bought a GM.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. I trust the techs on here more so then other forums
2. I dont have a gas cap...its the quick fill thingey
3. grew up with gm el caminos...cough cough..."trucks" and found when i needed trucks to use as tools and money generators, furds were the lowest maintainence/cost during ownership.....but this is my first half ton in a decade and its sole intent is like 99% of chebbie hd ell camino owners...large enough to drive the family around and haul a sack or two of groceries once in awhile lol.

I did google earlier, and aint got no damn spider eggs blockin my shit lol....so asking the guys that know the deal and not keyboard wizards that dont know but wanna get post count up...so suck tedm's dyck up till u hiccup :p

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
Another brain dead Chevy guy that thinks everything is still a 350 and quadrajet!

You can punch that code into Google, dummy!

·
Registered
509 Posts
canister vent solenoid may have stuck shut also make sure the vent line is clear. was the tank full or recently filled? did you over fill it which causes raw fuel to enter the evap system. raw fuel can get into the canister and cause problems. its why your supposed to stop when the nozzle clicks off. filling your tank to the top of the filler neck does cause problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts