Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I was clicking thru the channels in the tv one morning and scrolled across a channel with the teletubbies on it. I’m looking at this thing like wtf are these things, just long enough for the little dog to notice. He was a King Charles mix. Anyway he sees these things and starts to growl at the tv. I switched it and he laid back down. Turned back to it an he gets up growling with the hair up on his back. Dogs can sense evil right? Any time in the morning I’d turn to the teletubbies on to get him riled up. Same dog could find an apple I marked and then threw across an orchard when we went apple picking. It had to be the scent he picked up. He would find it every time

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
One of our dogs was a 1 year old rescue from Florida,
she didn't know what stairs were for 😁
We had to carry her up and down the front stairs when we were first fostering her until she figured out how to use them 😂

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
well my dog is now getting picky about what food she eats not sure what that is about but last night I fed her Rachel ray netrish, tonight put out a different flavor and she turned her nose up at it. She been doing that with ceasers as well and she used to always eat that, she is still eating the dry food so not starving.

Reactions: carolinagirl

·
Mike
7,313 Posts
My first chocolate lab sired a litter, and I got the pick. When we brought the pup home, and put him down, dad stood still while keeping an eye on the pup. The pup was walking around sizing dad up for the first time, and as the pup walked toward the hind quarters, he saw a teat hanging low, and latched on. The whole thing would have won Americas funniest home videos. Dad went straight up in the air, and came down nose to nose with the pup. I surmised that he was communicating"What the fuck are you doing" by the look on his face.:)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Had two Rottweilers as a kid, they were only 4 weeks younger than me so pretty much ate, slept, pissed, etc together growing up.

when I was about six or seven years old, I remember going out side to their kennel to give em a couple treats and they are both gone. I was devastated. The kennel door was still locked, no holes in the 8ft fence, and the whole perimeter was anchored into the ground. Turns out the little Houdini’s jumped on top of their igloo dog house and leaped over the 8ft fence.

Afew days go by and there was still no sign of them. Finally on the 5th day we get a call from someone in Madison wi who says they have our dogs!! Good thing we had tags on their collars with the phone number!!

We lived in Racine county at the time so that means those little bastards went about 100miles in 5 days together without being hit by a car or messed with by coyotes!!!
They definitely both got too close to a skunk though!!

I just thought it was amazing they both stayed together and didn’t get hurt wandering off that far together.

I miss them both dearly. RIP boys.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Years back we were sitting around the living room watching my cat fuck with a plastic grocery bag. Cat got his head through the handle, and my buddy dashed over to help. Bad move.

That cat realized something was coming up behind him and bolted like a bat out of hell. His new superman cape freaked him out even more, so he ping-ponged all over the living room looking like he'd dumped the laundry with this bag streaming out behind him, knocked a few beers over running across the coffee table, etc. Still got that cat and he's still jumpy as shit when you move too quick around him.

·
Registered
212 Posts
More a funny kid story, but it involved our Golden Retriever. Kids were about 7 and 8. The younger of the two was grabbing the dog by the face and pretending to suck the air out of its nose. The dog of course gave a wild reaction. The older asked what he was doing, so the younger replied " sucking the air out of his nose". The older having to try it grabs the dog by his face, puts his mouth over his snout, sucks as hard as he can and gets a huge mouth full of dog snot. The dog freaked out. I laughed.

·
Registered
728 Posts
my 6 month old Cowboy Corgi (Blue Heeler-Corgi mix) was spooked by a mountain bike while walking along a path approx 1 mile from my residence. he broke the leash and ran away. after searching for hours for him i made my way home, and there he was, in front of my house on the sidewalk waiting for me. neighbour was with him when i got there and said he was sitting there 30 mins before my neighbour came out and gave him a drink of water. we were both shaking our heads in disbelief, how he remembered his way home.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My friends has 2 large retired whippets a male and female. Were standing outside at the house and the male takes off into the bush after something with the female right behind him. there gone a couple minutes and all of a sudden we here thrashing in the bush and both dogs are high tailing it out of the bush with a deer right behind them,chases them all the way around the house and veers off when it sees us and takes off back in the bush! the dogs just came and sat down beside us with this look of did you see the size of that rabbit!

·
Smart Ass Conservative
106,128 Posts
I was taking my socks off one night as the cat walked by . I tossed one across the cats back and she fell over on her side like I shot her . Just laid there looking helpless until I took it off her . PS the smell was not bad .
She got her head through the handle on a plastic bag once too and did 3 or 4 laps through the house while I laughed my ass off .

Reactions: carolinagirl

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
When I was a kid my moms tiny little tiger cat was a bad ass bird hunter.

There was a little bird family in one tree and the bird kept swooping down at her to protect the new chicks.
I felt bad for the cat getting pecked on the head,
till 5 minutes later the friggin cat comes running by with the bird in her mouth 😁

Another time she was chasing a bird bigger then her,
the bird whips by us, fast and parallel to the ground,
just high enough to clear the 5 foot stone wall next to our house.
The cat was a few inches above and behind the bird as they both went over the wall together....

The cat had a mouthful of feathers when she jumped back over the wall 😃

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
She would stalk the birds army crawl style and "talk" to them in her best birdy impersonation cat voice, clicking and chirping as best a cat could till she got close enough,
then it was game-on.

Great Cat otherwise,
but she was 100% nuts when it came to birds 😁

·
Registered
988 Posts
We live in the country and have two indoor cats and couple of outdoor cats that roam around between the house and the barn. We refer to them as 'welfare cats' because they would rather go hungry as to work for their food. Anyway we had a mouse problem in the kitchen (not sure how it got by the welfare cats) and the misses put a few glue traps down in the cabinets. Somehow one of the indoor cats got a cabinet door open and stepped on a glueboard. We were in the living room watching TV when it come running through the house with it still stuck on her. Clump, clump, clump is all we heard till she shook it off as we couldn't catch her.

Same cat about a year later was trotting through the living room with a mouse in her mouth. We looked at each other in disbelief trying to figure out if what we saw was true. The cat was holding it's head high with her trophy she caught and carried it into our bedroom and turned it loose. It was still alive and there wasn't any sleeping that night as we tried to catch it.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Our dog that we just put down after 17 years would get her bath in back bathroom. As soon as she was out she'd run full steam and jump in my wife's beautician chair so she could get her hair dried.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Claude, the stupidest dog that ever was.

My daughter brought home Claude on a Tuesday. She had rescued him from a neglectful owner. Claude even looked stupid. He looked like someone had cut the back half off of a doberman and grafted it to the front half of a hound. Big, long legged back end on a short, squat front end. Sort of like a teenager's jacked up Duster from the 70's.

By Wednesday, he had managed to sort though the front closet and chew up only the most expensive of shoes. No Brookes for Claude, only Nikes and Berkenstauks (sp?). So Wednesday he got banished to the fenced in backyard. By Friday he had eaten the yard and part of the house. He ate my apple tree. Chewed it off at the base. He ate the recoil rope off of the lawn mower. My 100' garden hose became 100 one foot garden hoses. He chewed the cedar corners off of the house. There were dozens of excavations that you could hide a VW in. The lawn looked like it had been carpet bombed. And then there was the noise. There is no earthly sound to compare it to. His howl could probably be described as a wolf with a leg-hold trap snapped on his nuts. Claude had to go before I put both of us out of our misery.

My daughter found a woman who even after she had been told of Claude's many faults, wanted to adopt him. She would pick him up on Sunday.

Saturday, I'm fixing up some of the carnage in the yard while I'm cooking a striploin on the BBQ rotisserie. I look up and Claude is walking around and around the BBQ while drooling rivers in his wake. I'm thinking 'Go for it". I've got a shovel in my hand and you've already dug the hole. But alas, his one working brain cell figured out that the BBQ was hot and hot=pain. So he plunked his doberass down and proceeded to chew on the rotisserie cord. I watched, I waited. Then it happened. Zap, poof, yelp and he cut an 8 second quarter mile down the yard, yowling all the way. After circling the downed apple tree a couple of times he sat down on one of the few remaining undisturbed patches of grass. I could almost see his thoughts as the brain cell went to work. "Man that was harsh". "Now, what was I doing? Ah yes now I remember". And he walked right back to the BBQ and started chewing on the cord again. Alright! Instant replay! But not to be, he had already tripped the GFI and somehow I resisted the urge to reset it. Oh for a video camera!

After one more night of torment, the woman came and picked him up. It was love at first sight. She was so happy to find such a beautiful dog. (And she drives with those eyes?) And he was thinking about a whole new world of chew toys. Over the next few days, her number kept coming up on the call display but everyone was under strict orders to never answer her calls.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Years ago we had a parakeet that would always sit with me. If I was eating popcorn he would sit on the rim of
the bowl and eat some, and then jump to the rim of my glass and get some beer. One night I guess he had a little
too much and did a header right into the glass. We still laugh about that today.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
106,128 Posts
When my dad was a kid they had a dog that would kill chickens . My Grandpa took the latest victim and securely tied it around the dogs neck until it rotted off . The dog never did it again .

Reactions: thetastelingers

·
Registered
946 Posts
Some illegals moved into a rental in my neighborhood. They were raising fighting chickens and had a large white duck they called Harold. It was their family pet.

I was working on the front of my house one weekend and up on a ladder. I hear a scream from a lady and see a blur of white.

The lady storms over and says your doggy stole my pet duck.

I walk with her to side of my house and my dog that's 20 Lbs. wet has this duck in her mouth.
The dog drops the duck and jumps back over my fence.

The death of that phucking duck was the most dramatic thing I've ever witnessed.

It looked like a mime version of the Aflac duck but no words just mouthing (or billing?) the word aflac over and over with head side to side movement and rolling eye's back over and over until it finally layed its head down after the final gasps.

I'm trying to think of something to say fast and just say "sorry for your duck" and since the lady is sobbing over this so bad I offer to bury her duck to keep her from dealing with this duck.

The kicker...
I bury this duck 2 feet down basically on the spot it died.

So I go to bed that night feeling like I've taken care of the travesty of this dead duck.

The next morning I wake up to go to work and the entire pucking neighborhood looks like someone tarred and feathed it. My dog had dug it up overnight and plucked every mother loving feather out of it and ate the duck along with my other dog.

Those feathers were blowing around the hood for days.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: forcedtologin

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Gets pissed if I don't go to bed when she does. She wants lights out and me in bed or she's upset and not in bed with the lights off and tv on, not good enough, LIGHTS OUT! (and she's only 1)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts