Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a job listing for a welder /fabricator near me. This owner doesn't mince words when it comes to what he does and doesn't want, I have to deal with these excuses all the time, this My kind of employer!

"Since we're “not your ordinary welding company” - we're not looking for an ordinary team member.

Seeking a talented & skillful fabricator. Must have minimum 3 years of solid FABRICATION experience. We are not interested if you can only weld. Must have experience and be adept at TIG / MIG / stick. Must be experienced in reading prints, layout, and welding. Must be able to run day to day operations and be able to manage 2-3 man crew. Will be responsible for handling jobs from start to finish and be must be familiar with industry standards. Field work will be necessary and you will be in charge of stocking/maintaining work truck.

This person would be a leader - and team player - with an intense work ethic. Does the right thing when no one's looking: if there's work that needs to be done, our ideal candidate has the ability & desire to work overtime when necessary & jump in to help without being asked. Great problem solving skills is a requirement.

Attitude is everything - referrals & repeat customers keep our business growing because of our customer service and commitment to excellence. The ideal candidate would feel strongly about upholding that reputation.

Our business is growing - we aren't just looking for an average employee. We're looking for a team mate to grow with us long-term.

If you have the experience and desire to work in a company where you will never be bored, contact us!

Salary depends on experience and skill level after testing.

The obvious but somehow necessary additions - you need not apply if any of these apply to you:

- You don't have experience but are a "fast learner".

- You are unable to pass a drug test.

- You show up to work smelling like booze.

- You don't have reliable transportation.

- You don't have a valid drivers license.

- You don't know how to set an alarm clock.

- You don't have a working phone.

- Your baby mama drama prevents you from getting to work everyday.

- You are a grouch, even after coffee.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $23.00 to $30.00 /hour"

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,527 Posts
:)

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
You can bet he'll have guys who apply that can't pass a drug test.
And every one of them should be taken out back and beaten for wasting his time.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
I recently made a career change due to lack of local work and was hired on a 6 month probation (i guess thats the norm now?) with a great A/V /communications company , and passed with flying colors , got hired permanent with a nice raise. Boss told me "i finally found a good one--you do a great job , show up everyday on time..." and so on .

Ive seen several young guys hired and fired in this time--all around 20-25 years old. Some of these young fuckers are WORTHLESS !! What happened to work ethic ???

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I did some contract work for a company and when I showed up I was shown how they wanted the job done and I did it, Apparently that's a rare thing theses days because I was asked several times where the company I worked for found me and was told that if I ever left them I had a job waiting for me.
The company I'm with now has several openings and managed to hire 3 employee's in the last 8 months and only one was has been kept. Hell one guy they hired missed the 2nd and 3rd days of work and then came back for the rest of the week and then missed the next 3 days the next week and 2 days the week after that and they still gave him a chance but he quit.

The other guy had to go out of town and couldn't find the address he was supposed to go to so he paid someone $20 to show him and he was mad because the boss said he wasn't going to be reimbursed. Same guy told the boss to call him with work orders because he didn't want to look at the thing in the truck ( computer tablet ) Same guy was told to check the tire pressure on the work truck because they thought one was low, He came in and said it was fine while holding up a tire tread depth gauge lol He was let go soon after.

·
Registered
26,877 Posts
I did some contract work for a company and when I showed up I was shown how they wanted the job done and I did it, Apparently that's a rare thing theses days because I was asked several times where the company I worked for found me and was told that if I ever left them I had a job waiting for me.
The company I'm with now has several openings and managed to hire 3 employee's in the last 8 months and only one was has been kept. Hell one guy they hired missed the 2nd and 3rd days of work and then came back for the rest of the week and then missed the next 3 days the next week and 2 days the week after that and they still gave him a chance but he quit.

The other guy had to go out of town and couldn't find the address he was supposed to go to so he paid someone $20 to show him and he was mad because the boss said he wasn't going to be reimbursed. Same guy told the boss to call him with work orders because he didn't want to look at the thing in the truck ( computer tablet ) Same guy was told to check the tire pressure on the work truck because they thought one was low, He came in and said it was fine while holding up a tire tread depth gauge lol He was let go soon after.
:smt044

·
Busy being a cunt
30,156 Posts
HAHAHAHA

This fucking jew expects someone to run his business for $50k.
I'm not really up to speed with wages in the States, but I have to agree with ARS.

That's not a lot of coin for what's required to do the job........Not only are you going to get paid a minimal wage, you're gonna be working for a rude cunt who expects it all for fuckall and is more than happy to let you know about it :confused:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
After years of having employees and managing people I had everyone leave 2 months ago and didn’t bring in replacements. I’ve got one part time guy and a detailer, I’m making more than I EVER did with employees and my stress level is down 99%. It’s not just kids, everyone is worthless and fucked up.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Excellent. You can tell they have been there with losers. I wonder if they will find someone that meets those requirements:)

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Depending on where the job is it sounds like he wants a lot for a very modest pay. Doesn't mention benefits though so there's that unknown but important factor.

Usually self-starters aren't hanging around looking for jobs, they already have them. ;)

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Might find a young guy moving up ladder.
That’s what it looks like but the pay seems low at $23 and hour or so.
Not even 50k a year base.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I put on my job listings much have reliable transportation and valid license and I bet 50% of the apps do not have a license or reliable transportation, And I get well the bus runs x times or my buddy brings me in. It is so tough to find anyone who is worth a shit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts