Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of mount does everybody like for the net was thinking about the 2 seat belt latches on the top but the net will be straight in the front edge and real close to my steering wheel no way to for the frt edge of the net like the forward funny car side bar with this mount any pics and help would be great it will be a custom net that I plan to buy just need help with the mount thanks

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Funny car nets are very short. I have them made so that they donn't extend past the drivers' elbow with his hand on the steering wheel. Most companies will make what you want, M&R does mine.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure there is a min size on a net my arm is inside the funny car cage because I sit way back and the wheel is extended to me I thought they needed to be 10 inches min

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
I have been raising hell about this since they made us start using nets. At one time if you had expanded steel inside the funnycar cage uprights you didn't need a net. Take a SFI cert car and add huge scoop the driver can't see squat, add a net on the only spot where he can get a glimpse of soemthing and the poor guy will have tunnel vision with an area the size of a small video screen to look out of. If you loose the door in an accident the drivers arm needs to be kept inside the car during rollover, if the up right or leading edge of the net is forward of the elbow his arm cannot leave the vehicle. And that is how far the net should extend, anything greater (in my opinion) could well be a negative safety issue.
I know, I know - i'm preaching to the choir here but this is a sore subject with me.

·
Master Fabricator
1,780 Posts
I built my own. I can pull two pins and drop it down and out of the way.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a 10" net we did a couple weeks ago
that is how I wanted to do mine but the front of the net if to close to my hand when on the wheel I was thinking of mounting it with a frt tube that would be bent like the main hoop or the forward bar in the funny car cage just not sure it will be out of the way enough to get in and out of the car thinking the lower mount would be on a heim joint

·
I kill parts
10,110 Posts
I've been told mine isn't technically legal due to the latch tab welding to the outside of the cage/halo. It does swing back underneath the halo and I have not yet been questioned on it.

Single latch, pivots down on a hiem in the back.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i want it to pivot but it would be on the bottom of the frt tube and the latch would be on the top of the frt tube does this make sense

1 - 12 of 12 Posts