Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63,754 Posts
Same here ^^^^ --- FC cage, neck collar and full-face helmet. I actually preferred running the left lane.

I found the window net more of an issue blocking my view when I was running in the right lane.

·
T/S 368E
25,718 Posts
Lol. You lost boy?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he sure is, who in the frick would take advice from a proven POS loser & moron!!!
Stick to licking "never POS crooked hillary's" ass, and demanding free every thing paid for by the guy smarter than you!!!
At least he has experience with that!!! Racing, not so much!!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
great post, when I built my car, I planned to race it at the sub 10 second range bracket racing.

it has run low 9.80s but we dial it 10.00 to stay out of the whole licensing deal.

I debated funny car cage, I felt getting out, might be more important than the protection it offered,

If a well built Chromemoly cage can't do the job then perhaps I wouldn't survive it with a funny car cage either.

I had not thought about visibility, I was only thinking escape. Now I feel much better in our decision. the next owner can add it if they wish.

I find it interesting that I line up alongside many 10 second factory cars with NO cage at all, Not sure the factory tin foil sheet metal is much better than a convertible top.

I do plan on adding a HANS type restraint over the winter to our safety equipment.

looking forward to other replies, on that, likes/dislikes..

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
great post, when I built my car, I planned to race it at the sub 10 second range bracket racing.

it has run low 9.80s but we dial it 10.00 to stay out of the whole licensing deal.

I debated funny car cage, I felt getting out, might be more important than the protection it offered,

If a well built Chromemoly cage can't do the job then perhaps I wouldn't survive it with a funny car cage either.

I had not thought about visibility, I was only thinking escape. Now I feel much better in our decision. the next owner can add it if they wish.

I find it interesting that I line up alongside many 10 second factory cars with NO cage at all, Not sure the factory tin foil sheet metal is much better than a convertible top.

I do plan on adding a HANS type restraint over the winter to our safety equipment.

I put a steering column extension on my car and have 6 inches of added clearance and can get out just as fast if there was no funny car cage at all.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

2 things with this post. You will never have a problem getting out in a hurry if there's an emergency, no matter how complicated your cage is. And there's nothing wrong with a head and neck restraint. I went from a car that ran 8.20's and was quite unpredictable at times to a 9.0 bracket bomber. I still wear my necksgen in my slow ass car and I appreciate the protection and securityof the FC cage of my old car even though my new car doesn't have that. Just before you hit that wall you'd love to be able to go back in time and wish you had all your safety equipment or more but there's no do overs.

·
Maderator
16,162 Posts

Did you run NMCA open comp for a while?

·
Registered
449 Posts
No, I just race locally, just a little expensive hobby.

·
Vendor
6,408 Posts
No, I just race locally, just a little expensive hobby.

Let me know if I can help you with a NecksGen or a Z-tech head and neck restraint. I am doing a group order leading up to Black Friday right now on the NecksGen if you are interested.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Let me know if I can help you with a NecksGen or a Z-tech head and neck restraint. I am doing a group order leading up to Black Friday right now on the NecksGen if you are interested.
good to know.. thks!

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I have two race cars. Obviously the one without the FC cage is easier to suit up and get in and out of. The FC caged car feels safer and you get quickly used to the routine. Visibility is less to the left, right and rear. I put a larger rear view mirror in and run the car by myself with no backup person. Anyone who's raced a car with a large hoodscoop will tell you it disappears and can't be seen once the light turns green. Same thing with the FC cage. Once I'm rolling, I don't realize it's there. Hope that helps.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts