Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best/proper way to vent a fuel tank?

The prior owner of my car has it set up with some braided line coming off a fitting at the top right side of the tank, and then what can only be described as a plstic fitting from a faucet with the diffuser screen in it.

Tha tank is mounted on the absolute front of the car (alcohol) and if i fill the tank a little too far, alcohol will splash out that vent when I'm starting/stopping. Not a huge deal, as it evaporates quickly and easily, but the track always think I'm leaking water. (I'm not).

Isn't there some sort of a one way check valve I should be using instead?

Anyone have a link to something I can use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a picture of the vent tube. It was routed straight down, and would leak alcohol easily.

I rerouted it to where you see there, but when the body is on, it can't aim any higher than almost horizontal.

There must be a better way to vent the tank.

·
T/S 368E
34,684 Posts

Anyone try the roll over valve with a vent filter??

·
workin it
7,778 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I looked at the rollover valves, but I think just putting a foot longer line with a big loop in it is probably the simplest solution.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I installed one of those roll over valves and still had a problem.Tried the loop and still had a problem.Just ended up using a small vented catch can w/ a drain on the bottom and no more issues.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed one of those roll over valves and still had a problem.Tried the loop and still had a problem.Just ended up using a small vented catch can w/ a drain on the bottom and no more issues.
I can probably go for the vented catch can. Nice idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts