Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how does everyone set the fuel system up on there motor and nitrous side . i have small block chevy on nitrous but cant seem to get where i can run nitrous because the motor is either lean or rich .1st time to track motor went lean n/a 2nd time motor went rich between times to track replaced mallory comp 250 with magnafuel 500 then fuel gauge went crazy and could not adjust fuel pressure for carb below 9 1/2 pounds. does everyone run a return from the regulator or from the pump and dead head at regulator? thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Many years ago I was at Edelbrock. We used to go and test at the strip dirring the week when noone was there. Once I tested the affect of fuel pressure. After each run I reduced the fuel pressure by one pound. This was a SB Chevy with a two carb tunnelram setup.I started with 6 to 7 lbs, andd after 5 runs, the gauge read ZERO, but the car ran EXACTLY the same every run, five times in a roe. I can not explain it, but I never forgot it either. Fuel pressure is not very important. . On customers cars I have worked with, I tell them to set it at 6 to 7 lbs and forget it. I get phone calls where people go on and on about the problems they have with fuel pressure, I feel; soorry for them, they should be looking at something else.

JOE SHERMAN RACING ENGINES

·
Registered
788 Posts
I also run a MF 500 pump and could not get the pressure to regulate down. I changed some stuff around and put a 2 port MF for the carb and I use the holley12-803's for each system and it works perfect. They are dead headed and I use the return that is designed to go from the pump back into the tank and thats it!
Works great for me and several others. good luck

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Many years ago I was at Edelbrock. We used to go and test at the strip dirring the week when noone was there. Once I tested the affect of fuel pressure. After each run I reduced the fuel pressure by one pound. This was a SB Chevy with a two carb tunnelram setup.I started with 6 to 7 lbs, andd after 5 runs, the gauge read ZERO, but the car ran EXACTLY the same every run, five times in a roe. I can not explain it, but I never forgot it either. Fuel pressure is not very important. . On customers cars I have worked with, I tell them to set it at 6 to 7 lbs and forget it. I get phone calls where people go on and on about the problems they have with fuel pressure, I feel; soorry for them, they should be looking at something else.

JOE SHERMAN RACING ENGINES
How much fuel volume did you have at zero psi?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts