Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running an Aeromotive 4 port regulator/A2000 pump for the engine and N20. Should I take my fuel supply from the regulated carb side of the regulator "8psi" to feed the holley reg for fuel, or run it from the high side of the pump which has over 20 psi. Does this make any sense to you?;) Iwould think it has way too much pressure creep on the high side. What do you think?

·
Registered
788 Posts
that is a never ending arguement (dead head vs. air bleeds) but has been proven to work both ways. I say stick to whoever you are having help with tuning. I dead head mine and you have to think (especially with a driect port) that pressure creap for a split second, might not be a bad thing. It has always worked well for me.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Dont leave a gauge on there LOL LOL
I have a holley 12-803 for my fogger, with a magnaflow 500, yea it creeps , but when i flow it through my flow tool, it drops to where its set and thats it, never drops below, woeks good for me deadheaded

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont leave a gauge on there LOL LOL
I have a holley 12-803 for my fogger, with a magnaflow 500, yea it creeps , but when i flow it through my flow tool, it drops to where its set and thats it, never drops below, woeks good for me deadheaded
I am guessing the gauge will get trashed real quick?

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is a never ending arguement (dead head vs. air bleeds) but has been proven to work both ways. I say stick to whoever you are having help with tuning. I dead head mine and you have to think (especially with a driect port) that pressure creap for a split second, might not be a bad thing. It has always worked well for me.
Yellow bullet help me tune it.:supz: I have always run a seperate fuel system in the past with a bleed orfice, never a monster pump before.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I am guessing the gauge will get trashed real quick?
i dont run fuel psi guages at all, i only have the one on the flow tool and thats it....i have -6 fittings with caps on all the regs including the carb...Thats actually how mangnafuel recommends it, its safer not to have guages on there all the time

·
Registered
15,462 Posts
I have always run deadhead with a Magnafuel 500 for carb or carbs and system, and I agree with keeping your nitrous tuner happy but I have a question. My thoughts are by the time your fuel pressure returns to normal the fuel has just got done pushing all of the air out of the lines and nozzles meantime the nitrous has been flowing due to its greater pressure so its all kinda a wash in the end.

Who among the nitrous big boys uses bleeds? Prock, Speedtech, Fulton,Jenkins all the pro-mods I have ever seen run dead head as well as all the 7 second radial tire guys I have seen but I don't see that good :) who runs bleeds and big numbers?

PS that 4 stage system is like a slut, you know you want to try it... your just a little scared of the consequenses

:-Daw

·
Registered
471 Posts
so what im gathering is its best not to use a gauge at the regulator because it will trap air inside it correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts