Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a seprate fuel system for my nitrous -8 to reg is a -3 from reg to the fuel solenoid to small? (200 shot)

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You didn't mention your fuel pump size, but as SJ stated 6an is good to use if your pump is capable of keeping the 6an line volumed up with fuel past the reg. What is the length of this line after the reg to fuel noid(s)?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You didn't mention your fuel pump size, but as SJ stated 6an is good to use if your pump is capable of keeping the 6an line volumed up with fuel past the reg. What is the length of this line after the reg to fuel noid(s)?

the pump for nitrous is a holley blue and there is maybe 2ft from reg to noid

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have a question to add to this that im not sure of. would it be ok to mount the regulator direct to the fuel noid via a -6 swivel coupler? i wasnt sure if this distance between the reg and fuel noid made a difference or effected consistancy of the fuel pressure. thanks.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
ON my sons car it has a plate system, and the sol is screwed right into a holly reg, prob a 1" 1/8 pipe thread fitting with a 3/8 X 1/8 bushing in the reg.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ON my sons car it has a plate system, and the sol is screwed right into a holly reg, prob a 1" 1/8 pipe thread fitting with a 3/8 X 1/8 bushing in the reg.
ok did his setup work well? i ask because i hear mounting the regulator rigid to the fuel noid, that the vibrations from the engine can effect the consistancy of the regulators setting? is this true? id like to mount the reg exactly like your son, only via a -6 coupler.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
ok did his setup work well? i ask because i hear mounting the regulator rigid to the fuel noid, that the vibrations from the engine can effect the consistancy of the regulators setting? is this true? id like to mount the reg exactly like your son, only via a -6 coupler.
WORKS GREAT......

but we dont have any "data logging" lol
this is a junkyard motor in a car that goes 11 teens and we jet it down-take timing out to run 11.50 index with it.

BUT it is deadly consistent and has prob well over 100 nitrous passes and its a "tired" high mileage motor...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts