Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to put a fuel shut off in my supply line to the pump and a shut of in my vent line to keep the fuel from evaporating during the week anybody have a source for valves something like a ball valve would be nice I really dont want to put some from home depot in as this is a frt mounted cell something that is decent looking would be nice

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,399 Posts
you should be fine just putting a valve on the vent side. fuel should not push through the pump.

I use a Home depot ball valve on my car on the vent side. but i mount it out of the way and have a line going to it...

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
I was wondering about that myself with the vents. I just put a fuel cell in the car and it has 2 -8 vents on it that I have ran to bulkhead fittings in the floor of the trunk. I was wondering about evaporation with it open like that. I might throw a valve on each bulkhead under the car and open and close them when I strap and unstrap the car.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I was wondering about that myself with the vents. I just put a fuel cell in the car and it has 2 -8 vents on it that I have ran to bulkhead fittings in the floor of the trunk. I was wondering about evaporation with it open like that. I might throw a valve on each bulkhead under the car and open and close them when I strap and unstrap the car.
In your case with bulkhead fittings, you could just cap them.....or make a line out of extra fittings and line and connect them together.

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Yep I have the caps to do it both with AN caps and the plastic type but have to make a trip to my buddies shop who hooks me up with my Aeroquip stuff to see what type of slick shutoffs he has to make it easy when I am under there to just turn a handle.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep I have the caps to do it both with AN caps and the plastic type but have to make a trip to my buddies shop who hooks me up with my Aeroquip stuff to see what type of slick shutoffs he has to make it easy when I am under there to just turn a handle.
I want a nice clean valve also let me know what you come up with

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
is this safe to do, or will the fuel build too much pressure in the tank?
ive thought about doing this myself. i think im just going to put a 3/8 bolt in the vent line that i have.
cheaper than a valve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts