Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old plastic Harwood cell in my car, 12ga. just under 10" tall. I plan to start driving it, so I would like a fuel gauge in it. I know zilch about electricity, so could someone suggest a sending unit and gauge I could use. Jeg's didnt have much selection, and it seemes the gauge and unit have to be compatable with each other?? I would like to use an Autometer gauge if possible so it matches, but not imperitive. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response, but was hoping to find someone who has a sending unit in a similar fuel cell.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
0-90 ohm 8-1/2" long
#378-090-03​

Jazz sending unit

Fuel Level
Product #
4314Size:
2 1/16" (52.4mm)Type:
Short Sweep Electric
Range:
0Ωs Empty / 90Ωs Full
Auto meter gauges 0-90 ohms or equivlent

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Make sure you get the tubular type fuel sender from Jaz (not sure if that part number is one). For plastic tanks we recommend keeping 3/4" of clearance from the bottom of the tank due to flex, so a 9" sender would be the best one.

We (ISSPRO) make the senders as well as fuel level gauges, but I can understand wanting to match the other ones.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Got my "armored"(tube) unit from ISSPRO along with the gauge. same stuff they use for off-shore boats. Been several years, still works good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts