Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
corrently mi fuel system dont have a return, i want 2 put one. should i put the return at the regs. or can i put it rite after the electric fuel pump? the pump is in the rear of the car below the cell.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What pump is it? Smaller pumps don't need one and the bigger pumps have them built into the pump. The smaller pumps don't have real big motors in them that draw a ton of power to warrant a return as they don't really burnout because of it. Any of the systems I use with Mallory 140's don't use any return. The Mallory 250 has one built in as do all the Magnafuel pumps. If you feel you need to run one with a smaller pump that doesn't have one built in, you can get regulators that have the return built in.

·
color me gone
1,418 Posts
i like putting a return line on every electric pump setup for a few reasons first it is easyier on the pump second it keeps the fuel nice and cool plus easyier on regulator and carb needle and seats

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Everyone has their preferences. I am just going from my experiences setting up fuel systems for many years, I have never had to run a return on those small pumps. But like I said, if you feel you have to run one, do it with the regulator. A good pump that is designed for continuous duty won't overheat without one, and I would rather spend the money in added fittings and line and regulator on something else. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If you are going to put a return in, the best design is to put the regulator at the far end of the fuel feed to the carb/efi and run the return off the regulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts