Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their fuel pressure regulator mounted to their fuel rail. Was going to buy the fitting to mount it on mine. Good or Bad idea

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have done it with success on a previous set up on my car. Eventually moved it to the firewall for clearance reasons.

·
Registered
19,292 Posts
If you have a big mechanical fuel pump move to firewall at minimum distance.
Top of the tank is best.
Big pulses are minimized with distance.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
^^^^X2^^^^ Illegal on the firewall with good reason. Mine is on the end of the rail but has a brace down to the motor plate.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine Still has the bracket on the bottom of the regulator , Was going to put a brace to it. I have a Magnafuel 4703 750 pump

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I mounted mine to the fuel rail. But I'm using a small OEM regulator off of Nissan or Toyota or something. I wanted compactness and since I run an aftermarket EFI, as long as it has a one-to-one reference Port, it really doesn't matter. The only thing to note is that my pump will overpower the regulator pretty easily on the street so I use the EFI to drop the voltage to the pump. Which is a good idea anyway, once you start getting up there hp-wise, at least on a street car, there's no reason to circulate that much fuel all the time. The only thing I would do differently next time is to stage two pumps as opposed to cutting voltage to one big pump.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The firewall isnt legal unless the rule changed

Must be mounted 6" forward of the bell housing / flywheel area? On my car ( turbo 4 ) it is further then 6". I race at a very strict NHRA track all the time and have had it there for years.

However, yes for the OP the firewall would not work. I didn't really notice his car type until I saw your reply.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts