Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok getting close to needing fuel system. i want one pump that can handle ~700hp motor and 300shot on top. i also want to drive it on the street. its a dominator too. looking into getting a figger unless someone says other wise (dunno why they would). cell is in the trunk. whats a good pump and regulator that'll feed both sides of carb and both fuel sides of nitrous kit?

thanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i've head a lot of people using the magna fuel. is it going to last on the street? and what about a regulator?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I run a magnafuel 500 and its a great pump i have fed a dual stage plate with it and then switched to a fogger with up to a 400shot no problem. For regs i just been using the good old holleys. I have put some street miles on it without any problems. Not to many though not my daily driver any more mainly just for the weekend cruz.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah mine would just come out a few times a month on the weekends and only a few miles i guess. would the 4 port aeromotive work? does it have a return line in it too do you know?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Can't say for sure on street driving, but I hear the magna stuff acts better on the street than the BG400 stuff.

It all comes down to how much street driving,

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I am also a fan of the holley 2 port regulators.

You'll want to run a seperate regulator for the nitrous fuel. Y off the main feed coming from the pump and go to 2 regulators one for motor and one for nitrous. This way you can adjust the nitrous Fuel pressure and the engine side pressure will stay the same.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think they should work for 1000 miles a year, also had good luck with program enginering stuff. For the line and regs I run a 10an and then split it to nitrous regs and carb reg. I have never tryed running any other regs on the n20 because it seems like everytime i have seen somone do it they have problems. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so 2 holley regs? thats cool. i've seen that a lot on cars but never really thought about it. do you run a return line from the rugulator?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Camaro_Dave said:
so 2 holley regs? thats cool. i've seen that a lot on cars but never really thought about it. do you run a return line from the rugulator?
not on the motor side unless you have a bypass return style regulator.

on the nitrous side you will get both answers yes and no some people say that it can cause a air pocket in the fuel.

You shouldn't need a return if the pump has a built in bypass (not a dead head system)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i don't want a dead head system. i know people who run a return from the pump and from the rugulator. sounds over kill to me.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Aeromotive has one of these pumps that came off a street car that put 100,000 miles on it... It still runs like new they say... :shock:

·
Registered
458 Posts
One of our cars has a magnafuel prostar 500 and magnafuel said it was fine for street use just to use their dual relay set up but that is just what they said. Two years of alot of street and strip use and it works great.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the Aeromotive A1000 with the Aeromotive A1000 Regulator. I think I'll be Spliting the Main -10 and going into a Holley Regulator on 1 side and the Aeromotive for the carb on the other....

I've been street driving and racing with this A1000 about 4Years now with no issues . Now that I've said that it'll puke :smt005

1 - 18 of 18 Posts