Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed a Aeromotive pump and wired it from the front to rear. I didnt install a relay because I justed wanted to hear it run and I have nothing but a light hum. I came in for the night but Im stumped on why it didnt make any pressure at the carb (0) even hard wired.

Im intalled it in the same position as the pump that came off but its doing the same as the old pump. it has a mallory external filter, 3/8 lines coming in and out of the fuel tank.

The battery has enough power to turn the starter over and roll up the windows so I know it has power. Is there a priming step that is needed or is a relay needed if I have it on a 12v switch and a 15amp fuse.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Is the filter plugged? 3/8 line is kinda small.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure, but I pulled it off and installed it the same way. Im not sure how the pickup is in the tank. Would it be loud if I had gas in the tank or not. I can hear gas in the tank when I shake the car.

im not using any thing that will dis-rupt electrical no relays I can eliminate that as a thought.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You said the new pump is doing the same as the old pump. Are you trying to use the pickup that is in the top of a stock gas tank? If that's the case you need to get the line primed. Pumps make more noise when they are pumping fuel.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I must not have enought gas to prime it? Do I just cycle the pump on and off? I guess I should have checked to see how much fuel I actauly have in the tank and see if that was my original problem.. DUHHH I hate when I miss the easy stuff.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You can try and blow compressed air into the filler neck while the pump is on, it can be dangerous since a lot of vapors will come out of the filler neck when you take the hose out.....never liked doing that.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed the pump backwards. I ended up going to home depot for a 3/8 x2" piece of pipe so I could intall it onto the in-line filter. I screwed up when i fliped it around when I had it on the back of the truck.When I got under the car a while ago I just wanted to slap myself in the face.
The pump works great and im impressed that it is almost 50% quieter than the holley blue that I had

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
That's one question I would never think to ask :neutral: glad you figured it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts