Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, let me start off by telling you the fuel system is all aftermarket.

I HAD a holley blue fuel pump on this car

I installed a Aeromotive pump
everything when back on the same way it came off, except switching pumps and adding some new electrical ends

So last monday i went and ran around in the stang, it was running great all of a sudden it cut off. I cycled the key back and forth and noticed I dont hear the fuel pump. So i was mad that the car wasnt starting and I was THAT GUY in is hot rod in the middle of traffic. I had it towed (thanks to USAA road side service, Longhorn towing. I got to the casa and jacked it up and pulled the positive wire and the ground and tested them. they had power with the light probe, I did hear the pump BARELY running. I thought maybe the pump is just on its last leg and it has nothing left.

so I went in and ordered a new pump and today was the day I went to install it. I did everything I could to get them pump installed and finaly did after a trip to harbor freight to get some misc tools. I installed the power wire and............ Nothing but a light mmmmmmeeeeeehhhh.

So my question is, Im looking at either a relay bad/going bad or the inertia switch or What??

Tomorrow I was either going to take a wire from the battery with a hommade switch and a fuse and go directly to the pump if i cant find the proble or I can get someone to tell me where the relays are that would control this situation. Also where the inertia switch is.

87 mustang converted to a carb

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
One thing to consider is wire gage. I don't know the specs on either pump, however it might be a case in that your wire cannot supply the power to run the new pump.
Of course there are hundreds of other variables to consider, yet since you have tried to different pumps of the same part number and the same problem, you might want to look into that avenue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts