Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to upgrade from my Holley Black pump (currently dead headed) to a Magnafuel Quickstar 300, or Aeromotive A2000. I see they both have an external bypass. Magnafuel shows the return off the pump bypass going back to the cell, and the feed going to a regulator.

Question is, when using a pump of this style (with external bypass on pump), can I use my Holley 1/2" big port regulator, or do I need to get a return regulator?

Looks like I could use the same regulator and run the bypass to the cell right from the pump. Does this sound correct? What is the proper way to plumb a pump like this?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
You run the bypass off the pump directly to the cell, usually a #8. You can keep using the same Holley reg you run now. If you do a lot of idling or lowspeed cruising you may experience a little bit of pressure creep with the bigger pump though.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Using a bypass pump how much hp will a 3/8th line support???
me personally I wouldn't run anything less than 1/2"... but there are a lot of variables other than just line size. Overall length, id on all the fittings, number of 90* fittings, etc all play apart in how much fuel any line will flow.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 1/2" now from the pump to the regulator. I plan to leave it that way, and use a -8 or -10 on the return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts