Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4nik8r
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for what may be an easy question. Trying to trouble shoot and suspect a fuel pump. Car is usually deadly consistant, started falling on it's face at random places on track under throttle, then recovers, can't duplicate problem. It's a mid 9 second NA 434 camaro, -12 from cell to BG400, -10 to BG 4 port regulator, -8 to pro systems dominator. No guage visable inside car.

How do these pumps act when they die? Pump doesn't run hot, but 30 Amp relay did get hot on atleast the last of the runs.

thank you.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Does it fall off at the gear change(s)?

How close to the bottom of the hood is the top of the carb?

Clogged filter ?

Really need to have a fuel pressure gauge mounted underneath that cowl hood to look at going down track to monitor fuel pressure.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Does it fall off at the gear change(s)?

no, it is random

How close to the bottom of the hood is the top of the carb?

I run a 3" airfilter

Clogged filter ?

replaced right before this race and it was not clogged

Really need to have a fuel pressure gauge mounted underneath that cowl hood to look at going down track to monitor fuel pressure.
I realize that now, never know how much you need something until it is not there.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Get a FP gauge where you can see it. Sounds like the FP may be spiking and flooding the car..?

Have that problem on mine as well...but its an old CNC Perf. (i think) fuel pump. Randomly the FP spikes up and instantly floods the carb.:smt068

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Glad you found the problem.
Sucks you spent the money for a new fuel system but on the bright side, you got an excellent pump.
Adding a fuel pressure gauge while you're at it too, right?

·
Registered
181 Posts
A friend had the same problem in his car( not a sprag )but it laying down on the big end, tested the pump it was ok....the relay would chatter and the pump would not flow enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts