Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make 1100ish with new motor. The fuel pump i have is BG 220hr . I run a bypass regulator so fuel goes to the carb before the regulator. Fuel press set at 5.5 psi. Q-16 fuel.
With a BSFC of .430 is looks like this pump will support 3069 hp with no G force. With 1.7 G force looks to support 1136 hp. This is a friends math. Would this math be close?
Another friend had said that i should not run a bypass reg , he said to run a dead head reg so the line pressure is higher in the fuel line going from rear to front in the car for the g force reasons.

I am trying to be a cheep ass because i have gone off the deep end with every other part of this build. If i have to i will spend the $ on a pump but just need to make sure i have to.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Dead-head regulator imposes a restriction by design, go with the bypass regulator. If you use a front mounted fuel cell g-force will help your delivery.

·
Registered
49,465 Posts
grab a used aeromotive elimnator, it'll support 1400hp efi forced induction.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Upgrade to a BG400 is will support alot more then that 220.
This coming for a guy with one for sell lol.

btw the have a BG400 for sale with filter housing, and rebuild kit. pm if interested.
Make you a good deal on it.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Just get a ProStar 500 from MagnaFuel and let all your concerns go bye bye.. ;)

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
John/I had a customer go through this same scenario lately.He had a 400 pump and it went bad.He put the 220 pump on and his engine makes 840hp.His pump is mounted in rear also.He called me and said he was running it on street.I told him that should work if car was spinning and not planked down.He put slicks on it and went to track.His car will do 1.28 -60fts at the track With the 400 pump.It slowed down considerbly everywhere.It burnt a piston and torched the head gasket and cut a trough in the head and block.Only difference in entire tuneup was the pump.If you are not going to plank engine down you might get by.But if you have good money in engine/Dont skimp on pump.jmo

·
Let the Clutch Out
17,708 Posts
John , David2 on here with the 1969 Firebird is making around 1100 hp and runs a Aeromotive A1000 with a By-pass Regulator and according to his Data Pack He far exceeds 1.37 G's at the launch

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John/I had a customer go through this same scenario lately.He had a 400 pump and it went bad.He put the 220 pump on and his engine makes 840hp.His pump is mounted in rear also.He called me and said he was running it on street.I told him that should work if car was spinning and not planked down.He put slicks on it and went to track.His car will do 1.28 -60fts at the track With the 400 pump.It slowed down considerbly everywhere.It burnt a piston and torched the head gasket and cut a trough in the head and block.Only difference in entire tuneup was the pump.If you are not going to plank engine down you might get by.But if you have good money in engine/Dont skimp on pump.jmo

My old motor made 836, it would 1.26 60ft and i didnt have problems with the pump, at least that i know of.

I ordered a Product Eng. pump and reg today, screw it i have enough to worry about on this new motor. I dont need the pump adding to the anxiety.

·
Registered
815 Posts
My old motor made 836, it would 1.26 60ft and i didnt have problems with the pump, at least that i know of.

I ordered a Product Eng. pump and reg today, screw it i have enough to worry about on this new motor. I dont need the pump adding to the anxiety.
Excellent choice. Next issue........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts