Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think a magnafuel efi 750 will be enough pump for a sbf with rev f2 about 28- 30 lbs boost , 1000 - 1100 rwhp .

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Yes, or belt drive.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
I would go belt drive. If the F2 gets maxed out you will need a really serious electirc pump that potentially cost cost more then a belt and be a big maintance whore.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
I would go belt drive. If the F2 gets maxed out you will need a really serious electirc pump that potentially could cost more then a belt and be a big maintance whore.

·
Registered
632 Posts
the efi 750 pump will not work..belt drive

·
Registered
519 Posts
the efi 750 pump will not work..belt drive
I run that 750 pump on my gas fr3 at 26 pounds of boost rear fuel tank.Why wont it work?Magnafuel says 2500 plus h.p. on gas?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
585 bird are you carb or fuel injected , im fuel injected at the top of 1st gear at 8200 and about 30lbs of boost the car started going lean and my duty cycle was between 90 and 100 % iwas suspecting my efi750 wasnt able to keep up .

·
Registered
687 Posts
IF YOU CALL MAGNA FUEL THEY WILL TELL YOU ON A SUPERCHARGED APPLICATION THEIR BIGGEST PUMP WILL ONLY SUPPORT 1600 HP IF YOU TALK TO THE RIGHT PERSON. THE TURBO CARS CAN STAND TO RUN THE SMALLER PUMPS BECAUSE THEY DONT USE NEAR AS MUCH FUEL. YOU CAN BUY A WELDON 16000A BUT YOU HAVE TO RUN A SEPARATE BATTERY TO RUN THAT PUMP. SO I WOULD PROBABLY RUN A BELT DRIVE OR SPLRGE A BIG CHUNK TO PUT THE 1600A ON.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
umm

wait a second.my mallory comp 140 works just fine...lol

i agree big power needs a belt drive. but a 1100 hp fuel injected motor should work just fine on that 750 pump.if its a street car then the 750 will be a ok choice if its a all out drag car then yes just buy the belt drive. you do not want to spend your money twice.

·
Registered
519 Posts
wait a second.my mallory comp 140 works just fine...lol

i agree big power needs a belt drive. but a 1100 hp fuel injected motor should work just fine on that 750 pump.if its a street car then the 750 will be a ok choice if its a all out drag car then yes just buy the belt drive. you do not want to spend your money twice.
I run a rear gas tank I heard that the belt drive pumps have issues.I also have not made a full pass in the car yet.So this info is good to know .The motor is not fuel injected.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
We made a touch under 1200 rwhp with a buddies reverse F2 EFI setup on a Magnafuel 750 pump without any hiccups. I can't vouch for more power than that with a blower and that fuel pump, but with a turbo on another friends car he was fine at somewhere around 1300 rwhp.

Chris

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I run a rear gas tank I heard that the belt drive pumps have issues.I also have not made a full pass in the car yet.So this info is good to know .The motor is not fuel injected.

You will be fine with a rear mounted cell. Thats what alot of us use. Once the pump is primmed, its not problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts