Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
You need a mechanical bypass, electric pump by itself will not get you low pressure
at idle and hi pressure at WOT. C&S Specialties has what you need. Been doing that
for 20 some years on a lot of alcohol carbs.
Dwight

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need a mechanical bypass, electric pump by itself will not get you low pressure
at idle and hi pressure at WOT. C&S Specialties has what you need. Been doing that
for 20 some years on a lot of alcohol carbs.
Dwight
would like to run a belt drive but i dont have room, even my water pump is like 1/4 inch from radiator

·
In the shop with my Vette
5,286 Posts
I can't see how that would work correctly? Only using the bypass and no regulator?

You still have to run a regulator. I run an aeromotive A2000, and it's the same style pump as the one mentioned above. My return line is about 3 feet long. And now, with the right regulator my fuel pressure is 6.5 from idle to 7500 rpm.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I can't see how that would work correctly? Only using the bypass and no regulator?
I have a Quickstar 300 which operates the same as the 500. I return to the tank after the pump and run a regulator between the bowls at the carb. I run a 10AN line to the regulator and an 8AN between the bowls. Fuel pressure to the regulator on my junk is
adjusted to 23 psi and 6.5 after the regulator.
I use the combo filter/pump which in my case is the #4650 and on the 500 it is #4450.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
I have a quick star 275 it is basically the same as the 300 and 500 I use one of there in line pre filter on it. has a short return line and uses a dead head holley reg for now before the fuel log. the 500 should be fine withe better reg I would think.

·
Banned
51,093 Posts
You still have to run a regulator. I run an aeromotive A2000, and it's the same style pump as the one mentioned above. My return line is about 3 feet long. And now, with the right regulator my fuel pressure is 6.5 from idle to 7500 rpm.
This. I run a A2000, set my high pressure at the pump with built in return and set my low side on the reg for carb.

·
Banned
51,093 Posts
i keep reading how on alcohol carbs if the fuel pressure is 7-10 psi at idle it milks the oil
Run my pump at 28, and carv 7.5 running no issues. I had a good builder put a carb and reg together for me, if you keep the idle circuit lean, make sure it isnt running off the boosters, and make sure you got heat in the engine before running shouldn't have any issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.