Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fuel goorooos, what causes a fuel gauge to have a very iratic pointer at full speed???? it is in a blurrrr at the traps, but it hit's the psi needed and no mph loss. I could really use a liquid filled gauge huh? over the winter maybe. Your thoughts guys????? Oh, and the BG280 pump I use sounds fine, maybe the filters are a little clogged?, I have two of them that are replaceable, so easy to service. Think that may be the problem if any?, as I would think it would slow down a bit over time. Thanks.

Elky

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Does the gauge have a dampener in it? (Ultra small hole to slow down pulsations) Is the gauge vibrating shaking the needle? Personally I don't like liquid filled gauges and after having them in my Beretta I wouldn'y buy them again. RM

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It is smooth upon startup, during the burnout, and during the run, it just seems to be jumping in a 1/4 range in a blurr at the traps. I haven't looked for a small hole in the gauge, on the back of it I would think??? never checked it. This gauge is plugged into an Autometer diaphramed isolater that many racers use, and the gauge is an Autometer Phantom 2 5/8 gauge. Thanks for the reply.

John

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I run the isolator too but with a autometer sportsman gauge and it is basically steady but moves about 1/2 lb the best I can tell but it's a slow move. That isolator should dampen the movement so it probably isn't that. Don't know what to say now. RM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts