Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i have a question regarding my fuel pressure regulator on the nitrous side. i have a bg 400 pump, it splits into two seperate four port bg regulators, one for motor and one for nos. i flowed the nos one the other day with a .073 nos jet ( motor not running ) problem is when i shut down the pump and loosen or remove one of the fuel lines between my regulator and my fuel solenoids there is zero evidence of fuel being in the lines none the less waiting at the solenoid. should i have a regulator with a return in this situation or will it be alright once there is fuel flowing through the motor like when the pedal is matted on the transbrake? i saw a setup on a guys car that had two small fuel solenoids mounted just off the main fuel solenoids as to bleed off air, i assume he had a line running back to the cell. any input would be appreciated.

joel

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Hey Joel, sorry you had to repost this. The server crashed and data from the past few days was lost. Again sorry.. :oops:

Now for the post I had made. I ran a BG400 in the rear of the car a few years ago. One thing that did help that pump was the installation of a pro stock spring you can buy from BG. If I remember correctly you had posted you were using a 4-port regulator for the nitrous. If this is correct please remove it ASAP. I had several problems and $75 rebuild done on it by BG only to leave me with windowed pistons. For some reason the 4-ports are sensitive to vibration more than any other regulator I have seen. Buy a Holley Blue for the nitrous. $25.00 is all they cost and are dead on for nitrous. I am not a big fan of the bleed back system for two reasons. One: It can add air to the fuel system. Two: It will add heat to the fuel. Depending on how long the pump is running will vary these two things. I always ran a dead head system. Pressure will creep to around 20 PSI or more but will stablize when the kit hits. I compared my data logs against other who used a bleed back system and I like my data a lot better. As far as air in the line? I never had any problems with it..

·
Registered
473 Posts
Joel, I have fuel purge solenoids on my Chevelle. When flow testing my NOS fogger system (fuel side) I found that the first hit after a fuel jet change it was always light on fuel. This has to be an air pocket between the regulator and fuel solenoid. I didn't want to purge the nitrous kit into the motor (hit the NOS above 3000 rpm in neutral). Like Monty I didn't want to purge the fuel back to tank constantly threw an air bleed or fuel bleed jet. So I added the fuel purge solenoids, to only purge fuel back to tank when purging the nitrous side. This solved the problem until I went to a NMCA race. They said I had to remove the additional fuel solenoids. Please note this air pocket only happened on my system, when I either open up the fuel system or it sat for a long period of time. Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts