Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Regardless of what you use you will likely need to adjust the pump to lower the pressure.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am glad somebody brought this back up.63ns vette tell me what I have to do to adjust the pump. I have adjusted the regulator about three times the fuel pressure goes anywhere from 6 to 10 psi.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I run a magnaf. 4port with the pump set at 28lbs no problems

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I run the big Holley 2-port on mine with no problems. Pump pressure is set at 24psi, the lowest I could get it to go.

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
I am glad somebody brought this back up.63ns vette tell me what I have to do to adjust the pump. I have adjusted the regulator about three times the fuel pressure goes anywhere from 6 to 10 psi.
I had to cap the fuel pump bypass and use the regulator bypass instead or fuel would just blow out of the vents like a fountain. I'm still trying to figure it out though...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Some guys (particularly with 16 volt batteries) have to either drill out the bypass to a slightly larger hole or cut a couple of coils off the spring. I had to to both and still have 27lbs. to the log.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I just added a large 2 port Magnafuel to mine, Prostar 500 and 16V battery hold pressure fine.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i was running a 2 port barry grant. that thing was a piece of shit. i have went through 3 of them. the seals would go bad within the year for me. i run regular holleys now and on the other car i run a 4 port magnafuel.
george

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought the MP-9633 regulator #10 in and 2 #6 out will this work with my Magnafuel 500 pump , Will i need to readjust my pump pressure, if so what should i be running the pressure at????

·
Registered
880 Posts
I use a Magnafuel regulator for the engine and Holley cheapo for the nitrous system. I haven't touched the bypass pressure on the pump and have never had any issues.

·
SPEL CHECK
3,612 Posts
i run the tried and true holleys . had to turn down the pressure & the pump , just about back it all the way out. i run 7.5-8 psi @ the carb/nitrous

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
Would someone mind refreshing my memory (or lack of)...counterclockwise should reduce pump pressure?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts