Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The background. 5 gallon cell with sump. -12 to 275 Weldon pump and -10 up to a aeromotive dead head regulator. -8 to 2 old Carter carbs with .125 seats. Pump has a -8 bypass to the tank with a -6 vent. Pump set at 20 psi. Regulator set at 5 psi. During a run, the pressure drops to 4 psi but doesn’t recover on the return road. On the return road if I stab the gas or stab the brake the pressure will vary a half a pound. It isn’t till I get back to my pit that it makes it back to 5 psi and stabilizes.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autometer dry. It’s the one with the electric sending unit. Swapped senders and no change. Could it be air in the fuel?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Do you have enough alternator to keep up with your electrical demand?

You may be overtaxing your charging system, and it isn't recovering until you get back to the pits.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Have you checked your fuel pressure with a flow? Something other than idle usage.

Your actual flowing pressure may be set at 4#, and you are experiencing a little pressure creep.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is likely. Didn’t think of it in those terms. Next time out I’ll look at it after the burnout. There should be enough demand there to see if it drops. I’ve just been looking at it at the stripe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts