Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been having some issues with backfiring as soon as i try to even get on the car a little bit. car has a sumped tank, magnafuel pro tuner 625, -8 feed lines splitting into fuel rails. then goes into areomotive regulator and back into tank. has 2 summit racing fuel filter on the car before and one after. this problem was there before i instaleld the tank and magnafuel pump. this is an all new combo. im cuirous if its possible a fuel filter is clogged or backwards or can the regulator be bad?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
been having some issues with backfiring as soon as i try to even get on the car a little bit. car has a sumped tank, magnafuel pro tuner 625, -8 feed lines splitting into fuel rails. then goes into areomotive regulator and back into tank. has 2 summit racing fuel filter on the car before and one after. this problem was there before i instaleld the tank and magnafuel pump. this is an all new combo. im cuirous if its possible a fuel filter is clogged or backwards or can the regulator be bad?
With a sumped tank I would be checking the filters. Especially the filter after your pump.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Is the regulator hooked up to vacuum / boost ? Is it a the proper regulator for boost reference ?Yes they can be bad . Def check your filters .

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
i would say its probably not filters because you say its only when you hit boost. i would check the regulator out with some regulated shop air and watch gauge so you dont hurt motor

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
ok check filters ect lol

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
You have a restriction most likely before the pump but possibly after. That is why your pump is so loud after you start the car like you stated in the other thread. The Protuner pump is not that loud when everything is correct. Pre-pump filter should be a coarse wire screen type, not paper. Also the Chinese Jegs/Summit paper filters will fall off/apart inside and can block the outlet of the filter.

I would to pull the inlet line off at the pump. Fuel should pour out like water from a garden hose.

If that's OK check the return line at the tank. Should be flowing at least 2GPM with fuel regulator set @ 50 PSI, pump on, engine off. Use a graduated gas can and a stop watch to check.

I have done a good bit of testing with the Protuner 625 and 750 pump and the numbers posted are from tests I conducted.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hoping to take a look at it this sunday. im thinking its the filter after the pump just cause i installed the sumped tank and pump thinking that was what the problem was only to find out with the new pump and tank it did exact same thing. ill see whati find this weekend

1 - 14 of 14 Posts