Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curisosity, what kind of fuel and bottle pressure have you guys been running on a squared big shot system. Mine looks a tad rich, but didn't want to back it down too far and torch something. I've been running 6 1/4 f.p. with a 116 sq pill. With 900 lbs bottle pressure. You think it would be safe to get it below 6 lbs?

It's been flowed and has enlarged n2o solenoid orifice. Seems to hit good, but like I say might be a tad rich. Going to try 6 lbs this weekend. Should I get much lower?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
go 1/2 lb at a time.....im at 5.2 and almost squared, but my next move is squared up at 5.2lbs

Dont you have traction problems with your car?? when you lower the fuel psi, its gonna hit harder, Lean is Mean

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go 1/2 lb at a time.....im at 5.2 and almost squared, but my next move is squared up at 5.2lbs

Dont you have traction problems with your car?? when you lower the fuel psi, its gonna hit harder, Lean is Mean

Not any more, stood it on the bumper for 120 feet last weekend!

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thats good, did you get the 7531 figured out???
Its a great feeling drive a car and it hooks hard ;)

Yeah, I did...it was a big combination of stuff. The car has really come around the last couple weeks. A lot of it was the converter, I was trying to throw a bunch on nitrous at it early and it just wouldn't take it. Plus it wouldn't make any power down track either. And now with the new converter it seems like I can just about throw anything at it and it will take it! Plus, it runs harder on the big end too.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Thank you Mike and others for posting the squared jetting and 5 psi tune I tried it and worked great thanks for your help!! you guys rock!:D
It's the only way to fly! LOL

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah, I did...it was a big combination of stuff. The car has really come around the last couple weeks. A lot of it was the converter, I was trying to throw a bunch on nitrous at it early and it just wouldn't take it. Plus it wouldn't make any power down track either. And now with the new converter it seems like I can just about throw anything at it and it will take it! Plus, it runs harder on the big end too.

That's good. I think a few of us (at least me I think) stated that the converter might have been the issue. A lot of folks over look that piece big time. I'm guessing the one you have now is tighter down low to allow you to throw more at it without the motor accelerating too fast and blowing the tires off. Keep pushing!

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's good. I think a few of us (at least me I think) stated that the converter might have been the issue. A lot of folks over look that piece big time. I'm guessing the one you have now is tighter down low to allow you to throw more at it without the motor accelerating too fast and blowing the tires off. Keep pushing!

Yeah it's hard to imagine that the Chance converter I had in it was that far off on the setup. But I guess anything is possible. It's weird it went faster with the loose PTC I had in it, now it's going faster still with the tighter Hughes. Doesn't make much sense that with a converter that was kind of in the middle it would be even slower.

Going to put it on kill tonight and see what happens, the bar has been really raised in our class, so I've got some real work to do before our next race on the 20th. I need to pick up like half a second from what it was running before now.

·
Super Moderator
12,232 Posts
David,
If you feel it's rich enough to make a move, I would put a .118 nitrous jet in it and burn the xtra fuel. Fuel burn is power ??? If that doesn't get it where you want it go ahead and put the .120 in it.. Steve

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
COOL

David,
If you feel it's rich enough to make a move, I would put a .118 nitrous jet in it and burn the xtra fuel. Fuel burn is power ??? If that doesn't get it where you want it go ahead and put the .120 in it.. Steve

Didn't think about that. I'll give it a shot. This new converter really likes the power though. Going to try something tonight, even if it's wrong!

Thanks, Steve.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It appears

It appears I need to go bracket racing. I have the only car on the face of the planet that you can change converters, change gears, change nitrous kits, change tune-up, change tires, change suspension setups, and it will always run the exact same e.t. Everything you can spot on any available data file, can be fixed and still no change.

No matter what I do to the car it runs between 5.90 and 5.93 every pass. When I made the first pass last night, I was exstatic. the car launched nice, carried the front wheels a couple feet in the air for about a 120 or so feet. Gently set them down, clicked off second gear and felt like it was pulling nicely. Then I looked at the board and yep, another 5.90. I just simply cannot believe the car will run 6.50's on motor, and a 400 shot leaving on 35% ramped in over 1.7 seconds will not get it to do any better than a 5.90.

About ready to just say to hell with it and build a big block.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts