Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed how the new Reher-Morrison's fuel systems are plumbed?

Question for discussion is: For multiple system NOS users, would it be easier to have a single regulator on a fuel log that all of your systems and carbs run off or the convential way of multiple Holley regs for each system and the carb?

The R-M way has a cleaner look, but jetting each system would be different given the same fuel pressure across all systems.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Has anyone noticed how the new Reher-Morrison's fuel systems are plumbed?

Question for discussion is: For multiple system NOS users, would it be easier to have a single regulator on a fuel log that all of your systems and carbs run off or the convential way of multiple Holley regs for each system and the carb?

The R-M way has a cleaner look, but jetting each system would be different given the same fuel pressure across all systems.
Do you have a picture of this system?

I guess if pressure was consistant you could feed everything from one regulator and adjust your tuneup with the jetting. I don't think you could make fine adjustments that way but I don't really know.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike, you're always up for the task!

I'd have to search around for pics. All of Jenkins/Castellano/Stoken et.al motors are R-M pieces and are set up this way. I'm guessing that since the carbs need 7-8 lbs of pressure that they change the jet spreads to accomodate the additional fuel pressure. I'm also guessing that the baselines were probably created on the dyno, but they have a LOT of experience, so maybe not?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If the regulator is before the log all the pressures are the same, as well as the flow requirement through one regulator will be insufficient for multiple systems and split carbs, don`t you think???????????

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Sounds alot like Dave Kohler's regulator. I always wanted to use the one I bought but never got around to it.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
All those are done by SpeedTech, not Reher-Morrison. Personally, I am not fond of it. The reg is at the end of a fuel rail, so all systems, including carbs, see the same pressure. There are small bleed jets at every fuel solenoid, that bypass fuel to the return log, so individual system adjustments are possible, by bypassing more or less fuel at the solenoid. My question would be, how much do you change the bleed jet to alter the system, say a pound. Are you supplied a flow sheet with every possible bleed jet, so that you know where you are at all times, I doubt it. I still prefer the standard Holley reg on every kit myself, so that I can independently adjust every kit and know right where I am.

Monte

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sounds alot like Dave Kohler's regulator. I always wanted to use the one I bought but never got around to it.
They use a EFI fuel rail, -10 inlet in the front, then they have -6 lines coming out of the rail going to each solenoid and carb inlet, then a regulator at the end bypassing back to the tank.

Supposedly, the fittings between the rail and lines (going to the solenoids) have jets in them (not confirmed though, maybe monte knows about this)

As monte has said, all the solenoids have bleeds coming off going back to a bleed block, then back to the tank.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Why dont we all go EFI with dry nitrous and have the most control over the tuneup?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
Yeah, why don't we????

Well, because 90% of all tuning data is with low pressure.
I'm one of the few on here trying this dry thing.
Still listening, learning, and so far not burning thanks to all of you!

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
I'm still not sold on this new one log/ one reg deal either.....

Monte said..... "Are you supplied a flow sheet with every possible bleed jet, so that you know where you are at all times, I doubt it".

If this is the case do you get different flow jets for every useable fuel jet combo ??? I feel this comes down to the old, more then one way to skin the cat deal ??? It for the most part seems to be working.. But from what I have read and heard at there last race, they hurt a few engines as well ?? Not sure what it was realitive to though ??

I for now will still be using the individual regs for a while.. I like the ease and fine tuneability they lend... Just my two cents... SJ

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would have to agree Steve. Although it's a cleaner look, it seems like it would be much more complicated to make changes to the fuel tune. I've only seen the conventional regulator systems on the Speedtech website. That's why I thought it was something that R-M and Speedtech were testing/developing with on their personal stuff?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts