Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand PTFE lines and fittings ? Street / strip car likely see more street miles now I'm retired. Thinking -8 pump to carb and -6 return line . My pump is 160 gph at 12 psi. Will be swapping out my -8 AN fittings and stinky fume breathing braided line .

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The return line is an excellent way to go. Make sure the tank end lets the returned fuel back into the tank near the bottom, so it is submerged.
I run -8 out and back. The hole in my bypass regulator is about .180. It's easy to convert a standard $20 Holley regulator to a bypass for a carb.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
this return line sizing has me wondering why my Weldon reg has -10 inlet/outlet pressure ports and then a -8 return port. Are you guys repeating, repeating, repeating hearsay or is the larger return line sizing written in stone somewhere...?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
this return line sizing has me wondering why my Weldon reg has -10 inlet/outlet pressure ports and then a -8 return port. Are you guys repeating, repeating, repeating hearsay or is the larger return line sizing written in stone somewhere...?
On carb setups, its common for the return to be as large or even larger than the supply.

But it really depends on the pump. The more volume it has, the more return it will require to control under idle/light load.

Also, pay attention to the hose and fittings used. They aren't all created equal. I've seen hose ends of the same size with visibility smaller ID's than others. And flared tubing is typically even larger than it's equivalent hose.

·
Registered
15,894 Posts
I'm all fragola here. No issues 5 years after the build. As said, make sure the return cannot aerate the fuel around the pump while returning to the tank

·
Registered
22,850 Posts
Carbs run on low pressure .

Some pumps flow so much fuel that the return can become a restriction and make it hard to get the regulator pressure down low enough not to push past the N&S.

Usually see it on blow-thru carbs because of the big pumps being used .

Bottom line is ,it cant hurt to run a large return . Not necessarily larger than the feed , but at least the same size .

Ive always had -10 feed and return . Even with EFI now

Larger return also stops aeration at the fuel cell if returning it to the top of the cell without a dip tube .

·
Busy being a cunt
28,133 Posts
Fragola PTFE 6000 Hose & Real street reusable hose ends coming Monday from Summit . They gave me 10% off plus free shipping :)
Fuck Summit, I try to buy as little off them cunts as possible now, Jegs also. If I was buying from the States I'd rather buy from Orme, even if it cost more.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We not only carry fragola parts but our own in house brand and Offer a 30% yellowbullet discount. but thats awesome that you go a 10% discount at Fragola!

·
Registered
637 Posts
We not only carry fragola parts but our own in house brand and Offer a 30% yellowbullet discount. but thats awesome that you go a 10% discount at Fragola!
30%!? I will be giving you guys a call in the next couple weeks. Re-doing my whole fuel system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts