Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently use push lock because I hate messing with SS. I recently saw that some companies have a nylon braided hose, just like SS but nylon. How does these compare in durability for a street driven car?

·
Registered
14,989 Posts
There are quite a few different weaveloc hoses, some are very expensive and most are very light. I use the earls prolite hose with crimped ends and with a typical drysump car i'll save 40#'s of weight.
Any of the leading mfgrs' woven hoses are approved by nhra and the braid is a combination of nomex and kevlar and is very durable. I brought in a piece of the professional products" braid hose and it has an inner braid of stainless wire imbedded into the rubber.
So i guess that the short answer to your question is that it will hold up just fine in a street car, i would just keep it out of direct sunlight as UV light can raise hell with the rubber-like compound inside the weave. btw, the woven hose is much nicer to work with and a great deal more flexible.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there one to stay away from?

Or best bang for the buck that is just a durable as the most expensive stuff?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ive been told not to use the nylon hose on vacuum pump, due to possibly collapsing. There is a steel coil like insert, that can be placed inside of the line to prevent it from collapsing. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea under stand that.

anyone else input? thats used this stuff?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
earls pro lite is the shit just not for a high suction app. Used it on vac pump with no problem. Used stainless braid for oil pump inlets.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so oil returns (turbo), fuel line, transmission lines its ok to use on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts