Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 vette that the fuel gauge works part of the time and doesn't work other times. It never reads a full tank even after I just fill up. Sometimes when the gas gets down to the 3/4 tank mark it goes to empty on the guage and the low fuel light comes on. I went to the local parts store and also the Dealership to get a new sending unit and they told me that I have to buy the pump and sending unit all together that it sells as one piece not the two pieces this is. I just bought an after market high volume pump due to having a supercharger on my car and running out of fuel pressure under boost haven't even put it on yet just go it today. Anyways just wondering if this is the truth or the dealer and part store just don't want to look up just sending unit and think that since I am a girl that I won't know the difference? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Nope, the sending unit doesn't come separately.

Google "Tri-star sending units". They may have what you need.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man thanks for the info!! I just thought it was crazy that you can buy them for any other chevy vehicle just not a vette! but I will try the tri-star guy! THanks!!!

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
No problem, I hope you get your problems straightened out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The problem is the fuel card is contaminted from this ethenol based fuel. There is a TSB out from GM about this, GO get 2 bottles of Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner (same stuff GM sells for $22.00 a bottle) Run the tank to 1/4 full, put one bottle in and run till almost empty, go get fuel, put other bottle in before fill up. Problem should go-away....

scot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts