Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a fuel cell built for my S10. It will be mounted up front. I am curious of how people route the vent. I thought about just curling up a little hose and zip tie it or something.. Not really sure what to do with this to make it proper and still look ok. Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
I used an AN fuel line from the cell looped to a cheap fuel filter and out through a wheel tub via a bulkhead fitting. Functional and keeps dirt out of the cell.

·
Proud Canadian
2,734 Posts
I am having a fuel cell built for my S10. It will be mounted up front. I am curious of how people route the vent. I thought about just curling up a little hose and zip tie it or something.. Not really sure what to do with this to make it proper and still look ok. Thanks
Thats all I did works well.

·
Registered
807 Posts
So what's the golden rule that determines the vent size?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told to use a -6 I think my current fuel cell has a -8..
Not sure on how to figure out "The Standard"

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am mounting a cell up front and am worried about having a vent that will siphon back on to the engine...any tips????

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
K&N makes a small filter that will slide right over a 6AN fitting. Just route it away from the engine bay and you should be fine.I used a bulkhead fitting also, looks real neat. Keeps the dust and dirt dobbers out as well.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
From Magnafuel....

How important is the size of the tank vent?
Attention to this detail may make the difference between winning and losing. It should be equipped with a filter so that trash and dirt cannot enter the fuel system. Absolute minimum size vent is -6 AN, but -8 AN is preferred for any application over 600 hp. Some specialty applications actually need a -10 AN. MagnaFuel rollover/vent (MP-3125) is -8 AN and provides some safety benefits if the vehicle flips over.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Two -12 is greater than -20

1 - 15 of 15 Posts