Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Screwed and Loving It
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mainly directed at the mechanical injection folks but may apply to other Pro-Mod type cars.

What size main line to the fuel pump inlet do you run? Do you run a hard line or a rubber line like a radiator hose? If you run a hose, does it have a spring in it to keep it from collapsing? What size is/are your vent(s) and what size is the outlet from your pump to the barrel valve?

I have a 21 gallon Waterman pump that currently has a 1 ¼” inlet and fuel cell that has a 1 ½” outlet and a 90 degree radiator hose (very short) that couples them without a spring. I would think the spring in the hose would cause more turbulence or cavitation than one without it. I use a #12 line from the cell to a vent. My main line out of the pump to the barrel valve uses a #10 line. I've been running this way for quite awhile with no issue - yet.

I hear all kinds of stuff about collapsing a hose to “sucking a hole” in the fuel line to not having enough vent and causing a lean spot. Your would think we would need a 3" pump inlet and a 5" vent to keep out of trouble. I don't want to over engineer as this is not a Top Fuel car with dual 100 gallon pumps. I always think bigger is better or too much is just enough but wanted to see what other folks are running in the real world. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Shawn speaks the truth.
Vent is crucial, I actually think we have a 10an vent on our tank. However we only have a measly 18gpm pump.
I don't think the spring in the fuel line would cause as much of an issue as you think Tom, I would not be worried about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts