Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we use the Induction Solutions fuel gauge to set both carb and nitrous fuel pressure. we have the engine off and cycle the fuel pump on to obtain the readings. the racepak only shows 3.7 lbs and then drops slightly. we have the sensor mounted just before the nitrous fuel solenoid. on the last run the car did not want to pull after the shift. rpm stayed flat. am i setting pressure correctly and why the variance between the manual gauge and the racepak gauge? any suggestions as to why it stopped pulling?

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Do you have quick disconnect fittings on the regulators & flow gauge? That's the only time I've seen a difference between what I've flowed & what the RP log says. The plugs should show you what it's really doing.

·
Super Moderator
12,145 Posts
It's not uncommon for the Racepak to read different from the flow tool. It somewhat depends on the placement you flow and or read pressure. It will depend how big the fuel jets are in the system. And even the pressure range your working in will effect. SJ

·
Registered
808 Posts
You can change the calibration of the Racepack sensor to match your flow tool. If you are not familiar, drop me an email or give me a call and I can talk you through the screen..... its not very difficult.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woul d like to commend shawn as a real stand up guy. he went above and beyond to help me and even put with my stupidity. if you need racepak sensors or some set-up help I strongly suggest you call shawn. thanks again.p.s.--he helped get my racepak fuel sensor reading within .1 psi of my flow tool.

·
Registered
808 Posts
woul d like to commend shawn as a real stand up guy. he went above and beyond to help me and even put with my stupidity. if you need racepak sensors or some set-up help I strongly suggest you call shawn. thanks again.p.s.--he helped get my racepak fuel sensor reading within .1 psi of my flow tool.
Thank you Randy... Let me know how you guys run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts