Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Fucking Fleas!

3K views 42 replies 33 participants last post by  jasonvanorder 
#1 ·
So my wife got a new pup last friday. He came home loaded with fleas.:mad: Now our other dog and 4 cats are just crawling with them. Fucking sucks. I plan on bathing them all with dawn dish soap and getting a shit ton of Diatomaceous Earth and spreading that around on all the floors and furniture. Thats a shit tn easier and cheaper than to bring them all in for professional flea dips and flea bombing the house. Growing up we would have fleas every now and then but nothing like this. Poop pup is covered in scabs from scratching so much. I would hate to live in the house that she got him from.

#5 ·
We have 3 outside cats, 1 inside cat and an inside 82 lb dog. All were infested a few months ago. Gave each a Capstar pill and a day later put a Seresto($50.00) flea collar on each. Fleas gone.....completely. Well worth the expense. My dog will lay in the yard an hour, come back with nothing.

#7 ·
After doing some reading the diatomaceous earth kills the adult and larvae. And its simple too just spread on floors and furniture and let it sit. It cut through the fleas exoskeleton and kills them within hours. And is completely harmless to humans and pets. That sounds a lot better than closing up the house for 4-6 hours and find a place to go with our small herd just to set off bombs

#8 ·
Our dog brought some fleas in from outside and within a day all the cats were covered in them too. We used some flea collars and some spray for the carpet, bedding and stuff and they were gone within a couple of days. I haven't seen one since. All of our cats are indoor only cats and had never had a flea on them until we got the dog so we had never used flea collars before but damn if they didn't do the job and quick too. I think the stuff we used was from Hartz but not really sure.

#10 ·
When I got my husky 2 years ago, got her home and the other dog started scratching more than normal. Like constantly. In a days time she was covered and actually scratched herself raw in a few places. Felt terrible. My husky was infested. Bathed her a few times and each time I would get atleast 20 fleas in the tub. Took about a week but finally got rid of them all. First time ever having them and hopefully the last.

#13 ·
Used that on my beagle last year and it made her sick. She didnt eat for almost a week after and slept all the time except to go out to the bathroom. wont be using that again. Flea shampoos do that to her too thats why i use dawn dish soap. works just as well smells better and doesnt make her sick. the cats hate it though. Pretty damn sad i gotta wear a thick carhart coat and welding gloves and still end up losing blood

#15 ·
I remember my parents would do that when i was just a wee little shit. I know we are over run with the fuckers. To the point that if you sit down for more that a minute or two they will attack

#18 ·
LOL...AMY GOT A NEW PUPPY ALSO...TOOK TO THE GROOMER A WEEK AGO...NOW THE DOG HAS FLEAS...MUST JUST BE A BAD YEAR FOR THEM....BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SO MUCH AS SEEN A FLEA IN OVER 4 YEARS

#23 ·
Comfortis FTW. They are usually around $25 for a single dose that is good for 30 days.

I have a small dog, around 10 lbs. I get a Comfortis pill for a 60-120 lb dog (only about $4 more) and I divide it into six equal doses. Works great and I have a six month supply for $25.

The vet techs will tell you not to do this because "the pill doesn't have equal amounts of the active ingredient throughout the pill". This is BULLSHIT. They just want to sell you six doses instead of one. If you are concerned about equal doses, just crush the pill into a powder and mix and divide as needed.

#24 ·
MIL lost her Chihuahua to old age, and we said we'd get her a replacement. Wife knows a woman that had some puppies, Chihuahua/Rat Terrier cross. She picked out the runt, and I told her to be sure it did't have fleas before she brought it home. Woman said she had bathed them in Dawn dish soap, and they were clean. Before she even brought the puppy into the house, I looked at it...............FLEAS!!! Straight to the tub for a bath with Betadine. This puppy was tiny, the size of a large hamster, but there were THIRTY TWO dead fleas floating in the water. I HATE fleas, but they LOVE me. One flea and I go armageddon on them. I'm itching just talking about it. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

#31 ·
Seresto Dog Collars, all you need. They are about 80$ but last 8 months. No fleas, ticks, eggs, etc.

#33 ·
When I lived in Florida, my apartment got infested with fleas from the stray cat I brought in. I knocked them out, but the neighbors' apartment was invested and they came back a while later.
And when I say "infested," I mean the cat wouldn't come out of the kitchen because it was linoleum, and when I'd walk across the carpet in socks, I'd pick a dozen fleas off them when I got to my room.

I mixed up a batch of Super Hi-Kill and Precor, sent the cat to the vet on Friday, sprayed the whole apartment and then went out of town for the weekend.

After I sprayed everything, I gave the remainder to my building super so he could nuke the empty neighbor's apartment (they moved out, so the fleas migrated over to my place looking for food--me and the cat).

When I came back, my huge ficus tree was dead.
I didn't see the Super for two weeks, so never got to ask him how it worked in the apartment he was cleaning.

When I finally saw him, he told me that he sprayed the place and stayed in to work in the bathroom... woke up on the floor vomiting, and spent a week in the hospital, and the following week in his apartment recovering.

Always remember: There's no kill like overkill.

-Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.