Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife got a new pup last friday. He came home loaded with fleas.:mad: Now our other dog and 4 cats are just crawling with them. Fucking sucks. I plan on bathing them all with dawn dish soap and getting a shit ton of Diatomaceous Earth and spreading that around on all the floors and furniture. Thats a shit tn easier and cheaper than to bring them all in for professional flea dips and flea bombing the house. Growing up we would have fleas every now and then but nothing like this. Poop pup is covered in scabs from scratching so much. I would hate to live in the house that she got him from.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
We have 3 outside cats, 1 inside cat and an inside 82 lb dog. All were infested a few months ago. Gave each a Capstar pill and a day later put a Seresto($50.00) flea collar on each. Fleas gone.....completely. Well worth the expense. My dog will lay in the yard an hour, come back with nothing.

·
Mother Hen
51,604 Posts
Raid Flea Killer Plus Carpet and Room Spray. It has to be the plus to kill the eggs. It is the only thing I have ever found that works in the house. They make it in a fogger, but I wouldn't use that.

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raid Flea Killer Plus Carpet and Room Spray. It has to be the plus to kill the eggs. It is the only thing I have ever found that works in the house. They make it in a fogger, but I wouldn't use that.
After doing some reading the diatomaceous earth kills the adult and larvae. And its simple too just spread on floors and furniture and let it sit. It cut through the fleas exoskeleton and kills them within hours. And is completely harmless to humans and pets. That sounds a lot better than closing up the house for 4-6 hours and find a place to go with our small herd just to set off bombs

·
Capri For Sale
12,949 Posts
Our dog brought some fleas in from outside and within a day all the cats were covered in them too. We used some flea collars and some spray for the carpet, bedding and stuff and they were gone within a couple of days. I haven't seen one since. All of our cats are indoor only cats and had never had a flea on them until we got the dog so we had never used flea collars before but damn if they didn't do the job and quick too. I think the stuff we used was from Hartz but not really sure.

·
Mother Hen
51,604 Posts
After doing some reading the diatomaceous earth kills the adult and larvae. And its simple too just spread on floors and furniture and let it sit. It cut through the fleas exoskeleton and kills them within hours. And is completely harmless to humans and pets. That sounds a lot better than closing up the house for 4-6 hours and find a place to go with our small herd just to set off bombs
This isn't bombs. It's just a spray and you can even use it on your pet's bedding. I just spray it and give it a little while to dry and let the critters back in the room.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
When I got my husky 2 years ago, got her home and the other dog started scratching more than normal. Like constantly. In a days time she was covered and actually scratched herself raw in a few places. Felt terrible. My husky was infested. Bathed her a few times and each time I would get atleast 20 fleas in the tub. Took about a week but finally got rid of them all. First time ever having them and hopefully the last.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I rescued a dog that was thrown out of a car. I was at work. I gave it 6 bathes in a row and couldn't get rid of them. Took it to the vet the next morning. He gave it a pill and they were dead and gone in 2 hours. Birdtracker

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use this on My 2 labs twice a year and not a flea to be seen:-kill

http://www.1800petmeds.com/K9+Advantix+II+-prod10631.html
Used that on my beagle last year and it made her sick. She didnt eat for almost a week after and slept all the time except to go out to the bathroom. wont be using that again. Flea shampoos do that to her too thats why i use dawn dish soap. works just as well smells better and doesnt make her sick. the cats hate it though. Pretty damn sad i gotta wear a thick carhart coat and welding gloves and still end up losing blood

·
Registered
996 Posts
You can make home made traps with a dish of dawn under a desk lamp in the middle of the floor fleas jump hit light fall in soap and die.

It can help you gauge how many are running around.

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can make home made traps with a dish of dawn under a desk lamp in the middle of the floor fleas jump hit light fall in soap and die.

It can help you gauge how many are running around.
I remember my parents would do that when i was just a wee little shit. I know we are over run with the fuckers. To the point that if you sit down for more that a minute or two they will attack

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,167 Posts
LOL...AMY GOT A NEW PUPPY ALSO...TOOK TO THE GROOMER A WEEK AGO...NOW THE DOG HAS FLEAS...MUST JUST BE A BAD YEAR FOR THEM....BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SO MUCH AS SEEN A FLEA IN OVER 4 YEARS

·
Official Cactus Dealer
8,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL...AMY GOT A NEW PUPPY ALSO...TOOK TO THE GROOMER A WEEK AGO...NOW THE DOG HAS FLEAS...MUST JUST BE A BAD YEAR FOR THEM....BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SO MUCH AS SEEN A FLEA IN OVER 4 YEARS
We havent either. Ticks were bad here this spring too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts